Q's RE using new style fuel filter from 70/200 series on 1Hz/60 swap (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Any thoughts/advice on using this newer/cannister style OEM filter setup from 70/200 series cruisers on a 1HZ/60 swap? I've been advised that it is less prone to leaking air in over time as well as the that the replacement filter media elements are smaller/lighter/cheaper, while overall being at least as effective at its job as the older priming cap assemblie using the spin on element 23303-64010.

Also, can anyone provide details on how the flow switch operates? Doe it close when increased level of negative pressure (ie "suck") is detected in line to the IP, thus indicating restricted flow? Assuming so, what's that spec?

Finally, can someone confirm which port is in and out? the near port in the pic appears to have an outward pointing arrow (in pink),,, interesting that that port is smaller (8mm) than the other at 10mm.

Appreciate your thoughts...

image002.jpg

I had the old style on a number of 1HZ. It was only a problem once and it was easy to fix.
The difference size ports is probably to stop the hoses being fitted the wrong way. The 8mm would be to the injection pump.
My guess is the fuel pressure sensor tells the computer to shut the pump down as you can damage the common rail pumps very easily if they run out of fuel .

The new filter is a replaceable cartridge filter 23390-51020. Its used on the Hilux as well

HTB1mtwbkiQnBKNjSZFmq6AApVXaL.jpg

Another view

FPC-TA001.jpg

1635628860898.png

product-image--stub-92448111bf.gif

thanks for the post Rosco - anyone have detailed info on the flow sensor?

Anyone know more on the flow sensor? Didn't expect this would be too obscure/detailed for this crowd...

I saw some talk on exploroz, but it was an old post. It might be something to do with a fuel economy gauge, like those that tell you how much fuel you are using in real time. And I saw some aftermarket fuel flow sensors that looked similar but are fitted in line.

I have that setup on my HZ BJ44. Mine doesn't have the pressure sensor (less stuff to fail?) And is from an earlier rig.

Thanks BreckenridgeCruiser - can easily just run setup and ignore the sensor and wouldnt expect any issues, but interested to understand how it works in consideration whether rigging a warning light might be an easy and practical addition (particularly if a low flow would be indicative of good time to change a clogging filter element).

but interested to understand how it works in consideration whether rigging a warning light

These gadgets nearly always are run through the on board computer. But Im pretty sure ou can get a simple aftermarket type.

If you can determine what the signal is (full on and off, or variable voltage) then you can hook up the proper light/gauge. If it's a simple on and off, you can just run a small LED as an unobtrusive warning light. I am doing this on my current project for the low oil sensor and the sedimenter.

If you can determine what the signal is (full on and off, or variable voltage) then you can hook up the proper light/gauge. If it's a simple on and off, you can just run a small LED as an unobtrusive warning light. I am doing this on my current project for the low oil sensor and the sedimenter.

yes exactly... was thinking someone would know but I'm gonna start digging to find FSM for newer models that would come equipped with this style filter

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom