Q: market value 1997 80 w/ 84K? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I would be surprised if this truck doesn't sell north of 15k.

My father got in to a bidding war for 40th anniversary edition that had 60 thousand miles on it. Also had lockers. We stopped bidding after the price passed 21k.

Low mileage loaded 80 series that are pristine command a large premium.

On the other end of the spectrum I know of a 96 that was locked and had 87 thousand miles that sold for 7600k. It was rusty as s***.

Last edited:
Theoretical question: (Kinda)

If you had an always garaged, stock white 1997 collectors edition 80 series with 84K miles, what do you think you could sell it for? Would Ebay be the best bet for something like that or more like MUD Classifieds?

Unfortunately that is all the information I have, I havent seen it and dont know if it even has lockers.

Assuming any major oil leaks are fixed; tires, interior, and body in good shape. I know this is limiting info but what $ range would you ask if it was yours?

Well seeing how my day job is car sales. I would say posting on as many add places as possible is the best as long as they are free (Craigslist, eBay classifieds, MUD). Then if it doesn't sell you can think about paying to add it to a pay site such as auto trader etc.

My .02

Well seeing how my day job is car sales. I would say posting on as many add places as possible is the best as long as they are free (Craigslist, eBay classifieds, MUD). Then if it doesn't sell you can think about paying to add it to a pay site such as auto trader etc.

My .02

that makes sense - larger audience, better chances. I found out today that eBay charges something like $150 for any vehicle over 10K sold (I think those are the right figures). Still cheap if brings a premium for someone.

that makes sense - larger audience, better chances. I found out today that eBay charges something like $150 for any vehicle over 10K sold (I think those are the right figures). Still cheap if brings a premium for someone.

Try eBay classifieds first. It's free.

If I were to sell my v8 LX450 it would be on eBay for sure. Big audience (worldwide) and not a bad deal at 150...

update**

So I found out this vehicle really had 131K miles on it. I moved on and didnt press the guy who was acting as go between. (I think this gal is trying to avoid having strangers coming to her house to see the vehicle?)

Out of the blue today he emails and says that she is ready and hasnt posted it anywhere for sale but wanted to talk to me first.

I am talking to her directly now and got the Vin #. It is a white Collectors, built Oct 1997, has the usual fully loaded with LOCKERS. Carfax shows only 2 owners always in the southwest. no accidents, all else is clean. apparently all stock. not driven much in the last 2 years.

I might go see it tomorrow or Friday and see what kind of condition it is in. She seems to know the value of it tho....

ILl take a picture or two.

Last edited:
So are you going to buy it? It seems like a rare bird. By pops is still interested.

I dont think this rig was ever off road.

There were three CSC'r very interested. I went down the list on order of contact. The first person called me by phone, second posted up (as did a couple others including the phone guy), third by PM.

The seller wanted a strong but reasonable amount where I decided to not purchase but maybe someone else would like it. The first CSC member was contacted and decided to buy before moving on the second contact, Packetstormin. First guy is paying the seller directly and buying the rig.

Glad to see a Landcruiser get to a good home and stay in the Cruiser-fanatic community :D. The rig will probably come by the store here to visit.

I will leave it up the to the buyer to post up about his new rig. :steer:

another white 80 in the club :rolleyes:

:hillbilly:

cc.jpg

cc1.jpg

cc2.jpg

This is a very nice find Eric, the date of manufacture is 10/26/97 with a first registration of 12/27/97 The Landcruiser was born on my sons third birthday, with this kind of karma I couldn't pass it up.

image-440614698.jpg

image-4188597466.jpg

The originality is like a blank canvas, I can't wait to get started.

image-440614698.jpg

image-4188597466.jpg

A few more pics image-3302206964.jpg image-103502916.jpg image-1684264076.jpg . 131,000 mile truck and car fax show only two owners, making me the third.

image-1684264076.jpg

image-103502916.jpg

image-3302206964.jpg

Last edited:
There are a few wet spots that need to be addressed first, so it will reside a Camelback Toyota for some new seals and birfs while I decide what options need to be purchased.

image-2651435297.jpg

Nice factory running boards, my favorite disposable slider like option.

image-436872721.jpg

Needs pan gasket and rear main seal

image-2835756224.jpg

Looks like the distributor o-ring needs to be replaced and maybe valve gasket

But other than being 16 years old, she is cherry. I've waited a long time to find one of the last 80 series delivered to the US.

image-2651435297.jpg

image-436872721.jpg

image-2835756224.jpg

:cheers:

like we need more white 80s :rolleyes: :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom