Punch card land cruiser Bj42 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.blockeados4x4.cl
Hey all, I bought a bj42 Land cruiser and the car came with the original punch card.
Any body knows anything about this? How to read this or anything? I born on the time of floppy disc so I don't know much about this system 😂😂
IMG_20191102_193551.jpg

Hey all, I bought a bj42 Land cruiser and the car came with the original punch card.
Any body knows anything about this? How to read this or anything? I born on the time of floppy disc so I don't know much about this system 😂😂
View attachment 2123272

I learned to program in FORTRAN using punch cards just like that. As far as I know, there's no way to read the punches short of running it through the reader/compiler that it was meant for, but it looks like the card has the VIN number and trim codes and more typed on it also. Sorry I can't be of specific help.

Oh crap. You just gave me a serious brain cramp. Cut my teeth on an IBM360 main frame. It had a card reader that converted the info to tape. Remembered there was a way to hand read the card column by column and row by row. Found this for you https://www.techwalla.com/articles/how-to-find-the-serial-number-of-an-sd-card On your card the holes as is usual correspond to the printed information at the top on the card. Your challenge to find out the codes. Take a look at the VIN plate a see if you can make any matches.

i had only seen these once before... it’s a build card afaik

You have a euro cruiser right?

I don’t know bj’s well ... 82-84 maybe?

Everything about your cruiser is on that about how it’s to be built

i had only seen these once before... it’s a build card afaik

You have a euro cruiser right?

I don’t know bj’s well ... 82-84 maybe?

Everything about your cruiser is on that about how it’s to be built
Exactly, is a euro cruiser Bj42 '82 with the 3B, in very good condition, just I gona paint with the original color brown.ñ and made a proper restauration.
Also have the dealer brochure and all the owner manuals

IMG_20191102_121139.jpg

IMG_20191102_121155.jpg

IMG_20191102_121147.jpg

IMG_20191102_155032.jpg

View attachment 2123272
Put it in a player piano and see if it will play a tune.
Nice looking vehicle by the way, what there is of it.

The card has your paint code on it, 653 Olive.

The card has your paint code on it, 653 Olive.

Yep yesterday I was looking also the identification plate and says 653, but I'm little confused now, ex owner paint black and Grey outside, inside is olive brown (or just brown) but in the place between the windscreen and cabin (where goes the holes for windscreen air) is olive green 🤔
So I'm still confused about olive and olive brown, I read lot of treads about that but I didn't found the real answer 🥴

653 Olive is a version of green, not brown.
The area under the windscreen has not been weathered by age or the sun. Go with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom