New Guy......Red BJ42.....Green Hardhat (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello everybody,
This is Dusty and my BJ42. This is a great site, l-o-t-s of tech info here. I'm a long time Land Cruiser guy but I'm not loud, I prefer to listen and read. The truck, 1981 BJ42, is about 75% rebuilt, almost all OEM, and all vin # match. I've owned this truck for 27 years.

I'm seeking a good custom exhaust guy....OEM exhaust parts are on back-order in North America.
Cheers
Dusty

Welcome on Mud , look for a small private exhaut shop , the place i got my bj42 exhaust custom build as i wish is in business since the 80's , i can post some pics of my setup if you need
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. I have literally be reading this site for decades, its nice to finally be a member. Yes Jim I'd like to see your exhaust setup.

I think I'm going to do my own in 2" stainless steel kit of pipes is like $115 on Amoron

Those for now, will find some more soon

IMG_20240115_211030.jpg

IMG_20240115_210925.jpg

IMG_20240115_210741.jpg

If you ever get down to surrey I have a best friend been bending up old school custom exhausts for 30 years and he knows what us crusier guys are like as I have put him through the ringer with a few of my custom crusier exhausts mostly V8 modded stuff. But he is awesome. Cheers from Cloverdale.

If you ever get down to surrey I have a best friend been bending up old school custom exhausts for 30 years and he knows what us crusier guys are like as I have put him through the ringer with a few of my custom crusier exhausts mostly V8 modded stuff. But he is awesome. Cheers from Cloverdale.
Ok here are some current pics of my BJ42. The electrical on this unit is different, its a 24v.... everything works except for the rear heater. Pretty much just putting it back together after body/paint work. I don't use this truck for work anymore so it was time to fix-up.

20240122_114631.jpg

20240122_114356.jpg

20240122_114342.jpg

20240122_114329.jpg

Hello,

It could use a DIESEL badge in the front grill.

Is the badge missing?

Other than that, it looks great for its age.

Juan
When I bought this truck in 1997 it only came with the side emblems. Over the years mother nature scraped and rattled those off too. A while back I ordered a complete kit of ALL the emblems and decals, specific for this model....from Bogota. The kit is of decent quality and is complete. Thinking a spring install for those.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom