PS & tranny cooler hose diameter? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
What size diameter hose is used for the power steering return lines and the tranny cooler lines? I got some bulk 3/8" hose, and it's a little too small.

I had my PS hose (return line) off a few days ago and it was quite tight when I went to put it back on. Could it be just a very tight fit with new line (mine's 10 years old)? Put a micrometer on the PS reservoir's return line nipple.

IdahoDoug

replaced my cooler lines w/ aeroquip push-on 3/8 hose. part. fc-332-6. the cooler lines from the tranny look larger and they are, but are reduced in size at the ends for the hose. i hope this helps

Thanks. At least I know 3/8" will work.

For those with a '93 factory repair manual, be advised that the manual shows a '91/'92 slipper style pump instead of the 1fzfe, vane style pump. The Gregory's manual covers the correct pump. There are a few other anomolies in the '93 manual. It's best to get the '94 manual.

Agreed,

The 93 manual also omits the FF rear axle and the lockers. There was a correction published to address the power steering omission but not the rear axle or the diff lock or rear disc brake stuff. The 93 EWD shows every thing correctly. I recommend that 93 owners get the 94 book and a 93 EWD.

D-

Yes. I photocopied the rear axle section from the local dealer before doing the rear axle seals and e-brake.

What is EWD?

Electrical Wiring Diagram. More detailed than the FSM and in color.

Cruiserdan and Cruiserman - heh. Hey C-Dan how do we obtain the '93 updates? I assume these are not "from the goodness of our hearts 'cause we screwed up when we sold you that partly done '93 manual" pubs, eh? I have the '93 manual and like C-Man I've copied the local dealer's rr axle section. Happen to know if there is a list of updated pubs for the '93 FSM and how much? Wish I'd bought a '94 FSM as well..

IdahoDoug

After much gnashing of teeth, I put the PS pump back together and got the 3/8" hose installed on the reservoir. The pump internals were pristine, and it didn't need a rebuild. Oh well.

Not all 3/8 hose are the same size. Napa was about 2mm smaller than the stuff Carquest sells. I couldn't find my post about the return line hose brand that works but the Carquest slipped right on. The Napa stuff would only go on 1/4 of the way and get stuck.

Carquest typically sells Gates stuff. NAPA and CSK sell lower grade hose. I may get some Carquest hose for the tranny cooler lines.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom