PS Low Pressure hose fittings? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Cruiser804

SILVER Star
Threads
Trying to resolve a PS steering leak. Leak is due to the different ODs of the connections on the cooling line and the low pressure connections on the reservoir and steering box. There's about a 4mm difference in ODs and can't clamp the smaller ends enough to stop the fluid leak. Thinking I need something with a compression fitting on one end and barb on the other. Compression for the cooling line and barb for the hose. Or something. Anythign like that exist? Any other ideas?

Trying to resolve a PS steering leak. Leak is due to the different ODs of the connections on the cooling line and the low pressure connections on the reservoir and steering box. There's about a 4mm difference in ODs and can't clamp the smaller ends enough to stop the fluid leak. Thinking I need something with a compression fitting on one end and barb on the other. Compression for the cooling line and barb for the hose. Or something. Anythign like that exist? Any other ideas?
You could convert to AN fittings and run new hoses.

I found that Nissan truck power steering hose return fittings (at the junkyard) fit Toyota boxes, and there were plentiful, since no one scavenges Nissans for parts like they do old Toyotas. You might not find exactly what you need, but you won't know until you look.

what type of power steering setup and cooler are you running?
pics?

pics?

I Offer Both the larger Later FJ40 / FJ60 and the EARLY FJ40 / MINI TRUCK Return Line Fittings

1646936765396.png

1646936798733.png

1646936816457.png

3404112L1.jpg

pics?
Toyota FJ40 steering box with (I think) a Tundra return had line, stock (maybe FJ60) pump and an aftermarker one off OEM replica cooling line. I'll grab some pics tonight if I can. Hoses fit fine on the Toyota components but the OD on the cooling like is smaller.

AN fittings
I looked at those. Maybe have to do some more research. Was hoping there was something similar with compression fitting on one end and a barb on the other.

Well crap, I hate google but here you go....

1646945624336.png

are the barb on the resevoir the same size as the barb off the steering box?
where are the size differences? is it the cooler tube?

are the barb on the resevoir the same size as the barb off the steering box?
where are the size differences? is it the cooler tube?
Yes, both are 11mm while the tube is 8mm

I looked at those. Maybe have to do some more research. Was hoping there was something similar with compression fitting on one end and a barb on the other.

Well crap, I hate google but here you go....

View attachment 2948531

I may just have to get a couple of those also. My low pressure return line points the wrong direction off my P/S pump and the 180* hard line doesn’t have barbs on it.

It’s either that or I need to find a U pipe with a ‘barb’ on each end that fits the Saginaw return line.

I may just have to get a couple of those also. My low pressure return line points the wrong direction off my P/S pump and the 180* hard line doesn’t have barbs on it.

It’s either that or I need to find a U pipe with a ‘barb’ on each end that fits the Saginaw return line.

HIT me up @bikersmurf , i have made some KUSTOM line work latlley and have the all the snazzy nitch tools especially like my BEEDING DETAIIL on the ends of my

COPPER HAND Made lines above ......

Last edited:
HIT me up @bikersmurf , i have made some KUSTOM line work latlley and have the all the snazzy nitch tools especially like my BEEDING DETAIIL on the ends of my

COPPER HAND Made lines above ......

THIS IS THE WAY

I’ll do that… looking at it again the ideal would be more of a J than a U… 1-1.5” tail on the short side and 3-3.5” on the long tail (2” longer).
58DFF409-9CF5-4877-A891-B9F0F8E397B4.jpeg
6F6D550A-E25B-43E8-A89A-66A46A35994B.jpeg
1B03C563-97D1-4D69-851A-BFE3724F79BE.jpeg

John

This is a 8mm 90’
Just for comparison and it’s steel

I CaN hand craft out or Copper Nickle Alloy a 3/8 elbow like this or to a
Any specs you desire ?

A simply tech drawing or sketch in metric millimeters ONLY please preferred

Then your needed OEM focus points solution can be realized …..

THIS IS THE WAY ….

F667CE05-58A6-4C82-ABB6-345263383F86.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom