Builds Project UZJ60 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Came here to say this ^^^. Also, that draw length is pretty deep. That helps a lot.

Having seen the limits of the electric set up, I vote you give this deep shroud a shot and go electrics as plan B. I'll be pulling my electrics to go mechanical.

Pics

20220502_223039.jpg

20220503_153418.jpg

20220503_154210.jpg

20220503_154212.jpg

So here's a story about my fuel tank.

For starters I don't recommend using Atlantic coastal welding ever! https://speedytanks.com/

Only reason I used them is two of my friends used them, one of them in a similar setup. I had them build me a tank they have already built (for a friends 60 80 chassis) but with the fule pump flange moved to above the sump. And i wanted more baffling but said they could only put one baffl in due to interferance with the send. Didn't make sense to dut Didn't worry about it. They told me to send them the drawings with measurements for the where to put the flange and gaskets for the fule pump and sender to make flanges and so I did. A couple of months gose by and I received my tank. Great packaging and the gas tank build quality was nice but it seems they didn't pay attention to my drawing I sent so I was annoyed. The fule pump flange was in the corner and the sump was on the back wall in the middle (how dose that make any sense) and the flange for the sender was wrong.

20220503_172047.jpg

20220503_172014.jpg

20220503_171953.jpg

20220503_172454.jpg

So I called them to tell them the situation in a calm manner and there like "no problem we will fix it just send it back" and they covered Shipping witch was fantastic customer service. Two weeks later I get it back with the fule pump flange in the right spot but the whole too is warped like bacon. The 5/8in flange is warped . Not acceptable for me. Keep in mind it wasn't warped before. I called them again stating the situation and the secretary (I believe) tells me "it's gonna do that when u weld something". Told "not if you weld it correctly I can't use it can you fix it"? And she literally starts yelling at me saying I'm wrong (mind you I went to school to weld and am certified and been welding for a while) and I have to deal with it. Keep going back an forth with her yelling at me. Then tells me to send pictures and so I did and she tells me "it's not that bad just bolt in the hanger it will be fine" and tell "that may work but that not the right way. It warped I want it fix". And says again "it's gonna warped when u weld" butt adds this time "it's going to balloon when we pressurize it to 5lbs just pop it back". You can't pop it back. "Mam is so far warped is out side the demintions of the drawings and its gonna hit and rub a hole plus the flange is warped" she "that's why we sell felt backing so it prevents that" I get no where with here and loose my cool asking for my money back or fix and she just keeps telling me it goona warped and it gonna balloon. So I ask for her boss and call me a smart ass for some reason idk I don't remember. I talk to him and I get the same excuse and go back an forth with him and I ask him "are you gonna fix it or not"? His response "of your not happy with it that the best you are getting ". Terrible people. I'm out $1500

So here is a list of all the problems

1.warpped
2. The fuel filler is a half in to small
3. Only on baffl
4. Full of shavings

I understand that the top of the tank is only 1/8in aluminum and is easier to warped but come on a 5/8in flanged warped. I didn't complain about all the problems and they were terrible. Didn't want to help didn't admit to anything just terrible. I learned I should have done more emails so I had more documentation. But still. I have never been yelled at as a customer just suck.

20220606_112911.jpg

20220606_113518.jpg

20220606_113028.jpg

20220606_120611.jpg

Screenshot_20220606-124946_Gallery.jpg

YOU CANT LEAVE UNTIL YOU ARE FINISHED. ;)

Hahaha about that.........

SO UPDATE

Not much of one. Decided Im just gonna build a new tank or try a more reputable company. Haven't touched it because i got pre occupied with fixing my dad's 80 (blown Head gasket) Witch turn into a engine replacement and getting this other 80 I bought on impulse running, OH and selling a 62 i bought and got running. AND THE BIG NEWS. I moved yet again. Since my recovery ive just been working on projects in my dads stuff. I needed good insurance and a job to provide it. Found a Sweet job back in Houston. SO I moved back. Haven't brought the 60 down yet. trying to decide when I should. It wont fit in my current garage so there's that. Wonder if I can find a place to work on it? Im ready to get back on it! I wanna get it done! any way here is some pics!

received_620588076617817.gif

received_1155696539165024.jpeg

received_145202738504788.jpeg

received_391451339759067.jpeg

20230521_101430.jpg

Visited Colorado last week and saw my neglected 60. I looked it over and tried to make a list of everything left to do on it.

Finalize core support position
Build Fan shroud
Finish brake lines
Finish boxing body mounts
Swap oil pan
Find solution to oil filter
Find lower rad hose
Route heater lines
Route power steering lines
Route ac lines
Route fuel lines
Route exhaust
Build or find and mount gas tank
Rebuild front axle
Rebuild rear axle
Rebuild transmission
Rebuild transfercase
Rebuild motor
Finish modifying air box
Fix rust in roof corners
Replace drivers rear quarter
Fix rust at bottom cargo lip
Move t case shifter back
Fix bottom passenger rear quater
Fix rust on both rear wheel arches
Adjust inner fender fitment to shock towers
Wire the motor

I think this is most of it Im probably missing some stuff. Im working on getting a place to work on it

377121185_854877746040667_8641692961041679229_n.jpg

Maybe next time I need a vacation ill come hang out with you and Mcguire up there for a few days and we can crush some of that list

Maybe next time I need a vacation ill come hang out with you and Mcguire up there for a few days and we can crush some of that list
Ill come too! Bust it out with you guys! I owe Ryan big time.

Laid up right now with Covid I'll share a update. I flew up to my parents in Colorado for new years to work on the 60. Didn't get much done but I got the front end diald and figured out body mount bushings. Also I think I'm gonna try to route the exhaust down the passenger side because I got the brake lines on the driver's side. I plan to bring the truck to my house in March. For gearing I think im keeping the stock diff ratios. With that and the h151 and a true 33in tall tire engine rpm will be at 2100 rpm. That is where a stock 100 series is doing 70 (correct me if im wrong). Im gonna get it done this year!

20231230_202832.jpg

20231231_133038.jpg

20240101_104003.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom