Builds Project Code Name "ASAP Flaps" (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Sooooo, has anyone tried to adapt (modify) these to work on a 200?

It doesn't seem like anyone else has had trouble, but I'm struggling to get the flathead screws to fully engage with the extruded nuts on my LX470. A couple of them went in fine, but the rest don't want to go in more than about halfway.

Edit: I'm thinking it's probably my angle of approach, my tires are knobby so it might be easier to remove them to get everything lined up.

Last edited:
It doesn't seem like anyone else has had trouble, but I'm struggling to get the flathead screws to fully engage with the extruded nuts on my LX470. A couple of them went in fine, but the rest don't want to go in more than about halfway.

Edit: I'm thinking it's probably my angle of approach, my tires are knobby so it might be easier to remove them to get everything lined up.

I had a lot of trouble and even stripped a bolt and nut. They have to be at the perfect angle to engage. Wiggle and loosely spin the bolt until they engage and then spin them down.

One thing that I should mention in the directions (sorry!) Is that sometimes the black coating on the nuts is thick and makes starting the bolts for the first time difficult. It's easier to put a little wd-40 on the nuts and run the bolts in before installing them just to take off the excess coating.

I have spare hardware I can send people if they need it.

The product is great, the bracket design and functionality are second to none. That said I had some issues with those f’ng U-nut clips, they cross threaded very easily. I fiddled with those things for an hour. I tried chasing with tap-which went in fine but didnt help with getting the bolt going in the right direction , new bolts still went in off center and cross threaded. I then ran the bolt in backwards all the way through and had no issue. So that tells me the first few threads on the front side of uclip are wonky & work best with a tapered bolt.

I am experimenting with some alternate nylon fastners- if they hold up I’ll let you know.

The product is great, the bracket design and functionality are second to none. That said I had some issues with those f’ng U-nut clips, they cross threaded very easily. I fiddled with those things for an hour. I tried chasing with tap-which went in fine but didnt help with getting the bolt going in the right direction , new bolts still went in off center and cross threaded. I then ran the bolt in backwards all the way through and had no issue. So that tells me the first few threads on the front side of uclip are wonky & work best with a tapered bolt.

I am experimenting with some alternate nylon fastners- if they hold up I’ll let you know.

Let me know how that goes. Those clips aren't cheap, so if there's a better alternative, I'm all ears.

Just as an update I was able to get these mounted this morning. I ended up using some other spare clips I had, running the screw through them first to make sure they seat before attaching them to the bumper/body made things much easier. Thanks everybody!

Just as an update I was able to get these mounted this morning. I ended up using some other spare clips I had, running the screw through them first to make sure they seat before attaching them to the bumper/body made things much easier. Thanks everybody!

Glad you got it worked out!

If anyone is looking to get a set of the ASAP flaps that I just purchased in the last group buy send me a pm. I was really hoping these would work with my aftermarket rear bumper but it doesn't seem like they will. The price will be what I paid for them plus shipping.

If anyone is looking to get a set of the ASAP flaps that I just purchased in the last group buy send me a pm. I was really hoping these would work with my aftermarket rear bumper but it doesn't seem like they will. The price will be what I paid for them plus shipping.
What bumper do you have?

I will take them

Dissent no cut
That’s what I have too and have been running these flaps for years. They work with no mods at all. Owl Expedition is running a Dissent on his own truck with these flaps.

That’s what I have too and have been running these flaps for years. They work with no mods at all. Owl Expedition is running a Dissent on his own truck with these flaps.
It’s like the bumper extends a little past the rear wheel well to far. I can’t see a way to get the bracket on and still be able to slide the mud flaps on it off. If you guys have any tips I’d love to hear. I would like to keep them if possible. The kit I ordered from owl was for the after market bumper
6ED23CB3-5A07-4E8E-9D0F-F76FD72045D3.jpeg
2E39A7BE-79F2-4F73-8B8F-37F68B6D86AE.jpeg
2540AD15-FCD1-4310-92C5-667B320A800E.jpeg

@Kabanstva show him a picture of your flap mount.

@Kabanstva show him a picture of your flap mount.
I posted several pictures in this thread. A few pages back. That guy installed his bumper differently than I did. My bumper lines up flush at the wheel well like factory, his looks a good inch or so into the wheel well.

I posted several pictures in this thread. A few pages back. That guy installed his bumper differently than I did. My bumper lines up flush at the wheel well like factory, his looks a good inch or so into the wheel well.
Mines aluminum so maybe that’s the difference. Oh well

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom