Builds Project Code Name "ASAP Flaps" (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Just ordered mine... no more broken trailer windows:clap:, hopefully.
Cheers,
Scot

Just put in an order for the flaps - this will be the first actual mod (unless you count pulling off the fake wood paneling) for our 100. Woohoo!

Now patiently waiting for the sliders to be available :angelic:

Will the stock rear bumper option work with a BIOR rear? Or do I need to order the aftermarket option?

My ASAP Flaps have been installed on a BIOR bumper for 2 years now.

I can't remeber how the bior rear bumper looks where the flaps bolt on. If it works, it would be the aftermarket option.
I can't remember either but I have the flaps from a previous run (Design?) mounted and I have the BIOR rear bumper too. I've never installed the front brackets because I seem to recall that I was going to need to drop the Metaltech sliders in order to mount the brackets and have been to busy to do it.

I can't remeber how the bior rear bumper looks where the flaps bolt on. If it works, it would be the aftermarket option

I have the Bior bumper with the wing ends capped off. The hardware fits, and depending on your specific bumper( seems some slight variance from one to the next) you might have to slightly clearance the bracket to clear the capped of section of the wing if you have that option on your Bior bumper.

IMG_4752.jpg
IMG_4749.jpeg

I do not have the capped wings on my bumper but the top of the wing still protrudes forward a little more than ideal. I recall having to put an extra spacer at the top and the top of the flap rubs along the leading edge of the bumper wing. But it still works.

Here's a picture of my rear Dobinsions. No idea how this compares to anything else. I guess the aftermarket type is what I need?

1612273890636.png

I have the Bior bumper with the wing ends capped off. The hardware fits, and depending on your specific bumper( seems some slight variance from one to the next) you might have to slightly clearance the bracket to clear the capped of section of the wing if you have that option on your Bior bumper.

View attachment 2573498View attachment 2573500

Did the bracket in the picture come with the new flaps?

1612272349845.png

Sorry I’m not following your question. The mounting brackets come in the kit with the flaps.

That's right. Did you order the aftermarket kit?

That's right. Did you order the aftermarket kit?
Yes, "aftermarket" kit. I think the only difference in that nomenclature is the added number of spacers, maybe some longer screws. Rami can confirm. The flap kit works well on my truck with the Bior bumper- very happy with the result. Impressed with the bracket design and quick removal; simple but its really ingenious. 👍

Yes, "aftermarket" kit. I think the only difference in that nomenclature is the added number of spacers, maybe some longer screws. Rami can confirm. The flap kit works well on my truck with the Bior bumper- very happy with the result. Impressed with the bracket design and quick removal; simple but its really ingenious. 👍

Thank you for the quick response. The bracket looks like exactly what I need. Nice design. I ordered the aftermarket kit also. 👍

If you opened it up to 200’s and modified the brackets to fit, that might help you get to your bulk urethane MOQ’s. Im sure 200 guys would be hot for flaps.

If you opened it up to 200’s and modified the brackets to fit, that might help you get to your bulk urethane MOQ’s. Im sure 200 guys would be hot for flaps.

Yeah. 200 are planned, but the time it takes to get the flap design just right is the hold back. I'd need to borrow a 200 for a week or so and not many people are willing to leave their trucks with someone that long. Free bumpers for prototyping is much more lucrative than free flaps.

We do plan to get a 200 this summer though, so hopefully shortly after they will be available.

A funny thing is as soon as this run ends, I'll get 30-40 emails asking when the next group buy is :rofl:

It never fails. I'll have one of not-so-great-seller sit on the shelf for 6 months and the day it goes out of stock, 10 emails asking about when it will be back lol

Last edited:
I'm 99.9% sure I'm in; just waiting to put this on March or April's Land Cruiser budget . . . I can't bring myself to pay in full right now for a product I can order 'til May and will not get until some time this summer. If you were taking deposits vice full payment, you'd probably have higher numbers by now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom