prinsu racks and 270 awnings - question (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

prinsu rack good for low profile design. not good for 270 awnings.

Interesting thread...
They do offer 270 Brackets for them, but spec the lighter awnings (Eezi-Awn, Fox wing).. so there could be some relevance there....

but they also spec a 600Lb dynamic load rating (more than the roof actually so... not sure if that is real or relevant)...

I guess I'll see which awning I'll go with.. I agree the Bush Company is a big lift for an awning given the weight... That may be for a welded rack such as the K9 or even a front runner..

My old ARB 2500mm will be the first one up anyway but I would like to cover the rear when it is raining, hence the 270 awning question.

I have been running Ostrich Wing 270 on my Prinsu for a couple of years now. I am using three mounts and there is minimal to no flex. I use two Kaon mounts and one prinsu mount. I used a combination of mounts due to space requirements for the cargo boxes I ran on top. I don't think I have any pictures, but will take some this weekend.

Thank you in advance for the pictures if your able... I have seen those and they are nice...
3 mounts (or 4 even) would probably be required for any of these bug awnings on any rack.

IMG_9532.jpeg

IMG_9530.jpeg

IMG_9529.jpeg

IMG_9528.jpeg

thanks again...
I just minted the Prinsu today (among other stuff) still need some HW doe 3 cross bars since (it was 2nd hand)..
the Kaon mounts look like they are the ticket for the bigger awnings..

Also I see what everyone means about the side rails - But... once it is all bolted together it is very stiff.. (mine has 10 cross bars I think... idk.. a lot was done this weekend...) so right now I don't see an issue.. the only thing that kinda worries me is the front section being a bit long without supports..

I guess time will tell, it will hit dirt pretty soon for a full test. But I also don't load a lot on the roof generally. mostly a place for the awning and shower tent, fire wood, and whatnot.

the only thing that kinda worries me is the front section being a bit long without supports..
check out the last picture in this post. I had drilled new holes to lower the fairing.

Thanks.. does that sit not he roof at the front now?... I was looking at doing that to move the fairing down (sits about an 1" off now - no mods but I was going to see what the wind noise was like..
I'm pretty insensitive to noise, since my other trucks are basically tractors. though..

and there are 10 cross bars counting the front and rear, basic 80/20 stuff from what it looks like.. which makes sense from a cost perspective and well strength of the bars..

I am also ordering at least 2 maybe more of the load panels.. at least I think I am, I need to set it up and see what works first.

yes, sits on the roof now. I had side to side vibration before I moved it down.

Took my bush co tent off a couple months ago and had to figure out how to mount my bush co 270 to my prinsu. Bought a couple different brackets and ended up using these:
IMG_7063.jpeg
IMG_7064.jpeg

They seem solid. I can still deploy the awning and hang my 170lbs on the awning arms without the rack flexing too much. VERY scientific test!

I had another thread with a question on the Alucab 270... I think this answers it...
I know the Bush Co 270 works, its stout, super quick and quality...

plus I am most likely going to swap the prinsu out (after using it on my last trip its too tight to the body, I'd prefer something a bit further out on the sides, which is personal preference)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom