Anyone running Dissent RR and a large 270 awning with Fabulous Fab snorkle? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

kcjaz

SILVER Star
Threads
I know, pretty specific configuration. I'm pretty sure my FF snorkle will clear the Dissent RR as that has been covered in another thread. What I'm trying to determine is if I go with a Bush Co 270 styple awning on the passenger side, will I have any interference with the snorkle? From pics I've found, it looks like an awinging pn the passengerside with the FF snorkel is likely an issue.

@Artie did you go a FF snorkel? Did you get an answewr to this:

@Kooparillo I found this pic of your rig with an awning on the drivers side. Did you do that due to the FF snorkel?

@radman did you end up with FF snorkel witrh Dissent RR? Do you run an awning?

Last edited:
I know, pretty specific configuration. I'm pretty sure my FF snorkle will clear the Dissent RR as that has been covered in another thread. What I'm trying to determine is if I go with a Bush Co 270 styple awning on the passenger side, will I have any interference with the snorkle? From pics I've found, it looks like an awinging pn the passengerside with the FF snorkel is likely an issue.

@Artie did you go a FF snorkel? Did you get an answewr to this:

@Kooparillo I found this pic of your rig with an awning on the drivers side. Did you doi that due to the FF snorkel?

Yes, I had the snorkel at the time of that posting but I have not installed an awning. I did speak extensively with a guy with quick pitch about mounting one and it would take some fab and fitment work to make it all work without issue depending on the overall length of the awning when closed. According to him, the standard side mounting wouldn’t be enough to properly secure that particular awning, there would need to be some type of mount along the back of the rack.

All this to say that it is possible to mount on the snorkel side depending on how much effort you want to go through. I can tell you that the closed length of the awning you mentioned is 7’6” and the measurement from the intake of my snorkel to the back of my roof rack is 8 feet.

Let me know if you need any pics or measurements, I’m more than happy to supply them.

Yes, it's very close - maybe 3/16-1/4" gap between the rack and snorkel. I run my awning on the driver's side.

Let me know if you want pics of the rack/snorkel area

Thanks guys. Seems like it I should be able to make it work. While the 270 awning seems pretty appealing to me, I'm also a bit worried about snagging it with low tree branches and how well I'll really like it with my dual swing outs and if it will be annoying having to walk around the swingout and out from under the awinging to get to the rear hatch area. My main reason for wanting an awning is really for rain. I am currently using an Austrailian swag tent on a cot that I set up on the side of the rig (currently just using a tarp for a rain fly. It would be cool to just deploy the 270 and set up the swag and cot. I could be bed ready in under 3 minutes. I really like the 30 second awning deployment if it was raining as I roll into camp.

Thanks guys. Seems like it I should be able to make it work. While the 270 awning seems pretty appealing to me, I'm also a bit worried about snagging it with low tree branches and how well I'll really like it with my dual swing outs and if it will be annoying having to walk around the swingout and out from under the awinging to get to the rear hatch area. My main reason for wanting an awning is really for rain. I am currently using an Austrailian swag tent on a cot that I set up on the side of the rig (currently just using a tarp for a rain fly. It would be cool to just deploy the 270 and set up the swag and cot. I could be bed ready in under 3 minutes. I really like the 30 second awning deployment if it was raining as I roll into camp.
Rain and shade were my main reasons. I ended up putting it on hold because of a wind event that almost cost me the awning on my camper. For one on the car I’d want something I can deploy fast and not tie down unless I was going to be parked a while. That wind even came out of nowhere and turned a peaceful dinner into a sandstorm sh*t show in less than a minute and my awning was tied down. With the added hight and weight to an already thicc cruiser I’ve put this particular mod on hold for now.

Hey @Artie and @radman can you send me or post a few pics of the FF snorkel and Dissent RR? Especially from the side. I'm getting back to this but haven't installed my snorkel or the RR yet on my new rig. I think I've convinced myself that the 270 XT Max can go on the passenger side and won't interfere with the FF snorkel. This pic of @TheGrrrrr 's rig seems to show that the 90" (7'6") mounted awning sits back far enough to not be in the way even with the the FF snorkel coming up to the corner of the Dissent rack.

1711751237294.png

@TheGrrrrr, can you post or DM me a pic from more directly on the side of your rig so I can better gauge how far forward the awning goes?

Hey @Artie and @radman can you send me or post a few pics of the FF snorkel and Dissent RR? Especially from the side. I'm getting back to this but haven't installed my snorkel or the RR yet on my new rig. I think I've convinced myself that the 270 XT Max can go on the passenger side and won't interfere with the FF snorkel. This pic of @TheGrrrrr 's rig seems to show that the 90" (7'6") mounted awning sits back far enough to not be in the way even with the the FF snorkel coming up to the corner of the Dissent rack.

View attachment 3594298

@TheGrrrrr, can you post or DM me a pic from more directly on the side of your rig so I can better gauge how far forward the awning goes?

Awning is the 270 XT regular not Max.

8044EEDC-FC58-4B27-BD94-DE9293A97839_1_102_o.jpeg

2986C46D-22C6-49E5-B997-2BF215192767_1_105_c.jpeg

6CCCFFF4-A40F-4FCE-AE20-D248717B2ED6_1_102_o.jpeg

View attachment 3594298

IMG_8917.jpeg
IMG_8918.jpeg
IMG_8919.jpeg
IMG_8920.jpeg

Here are a few. You caught me at a good time, I just pulled it outside. Let me know if you need any other ones.

Thanks. Did you notch the corner of the Dissent rack to clear the snorkel?
The shop that installed it did notch it, it is depicted in that top down picture. Hard to say if it was necessary or not but that tiny space came in clutch the time I had to remove the snorkel for the xpel wrap.

Dang. There's not much play when you install the FF (few 16ths here or there when you install the nutsert), but shouldnt need to cut the rack.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom