PrInSu Design Studio - 80 series roof rack (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I called them up and they told me to submit a warranty claim online. I just got confirmation that they shipped today. I bought the rack 2 years ago.

BZ Prinsu! You just earned a customer for life.
Exact same experience as me. I hope they labeled which mounts are for the front vs the rear. The rack didn’t come with any instructions originally so hopefully they did better this time.

Thought I’d share an important little tidbit that messed me up when installing my Prinsu rack. There’s really no clear instructions about which is the right rail, and left rail. Of course, I choose the wrong way!
I had it setup, where the base of the rails bent inwards instead of outwards. This made the footprint not want to sit in the gutters and was resting more on the curved part of the roof. After struggling to get the mounts all installed and seeing them barely clamping on to the edge of the gutters, I realized the error...took it back off, swapped sides, and do it all over again.
Here’s a picture showing how the bottom needs to bend outwards- which made everything mount up nicely!
I wish this was called out in the instructions. Would have saved me a lot of rework, and scratched roof!

View attachment 2535978

Too late to save me any time, but at least now I know I'm not crazy. Love the racks, complete garbage instructions.

Too late to save me any time, but at least now I know I'm not crazy. Love the racks, complete garbage instructions.
Edited cause I’m an idiot….each are labeled on the top F, M, R…….

Last edited:
I wasn't able to use my new ones. Couldn't get them even close to fitting. I have a fairly early rack, I wonder if they've changed at all. Only other thing I can think of is that they sent me hardware for a different vehicle by mistake. I reinstalled my old mounts in the end.

I wasn't able to use my new ones. Couldn't get them even close to fitting. I have a fairly early rack, I wonder if they've changed at all. Only other thing I can think of is that they sent me hardware for a different vehicle by mistake. I reinstalled my old mounts in the end.
Front two required some vice time but the rest fit perfect on mine.

Interesting, my rears fit ok but the rest were way out. I did consider bending them into shape, but that's gonna be a low priority project since the originals work fine.
I noticed some weird fitment with the L shaped pieces and I though the same thing but I just needed to flip the pieces over and the fitment was perfect.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom