Pre-03 nav delete how-to (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Any current source for the 3 knob trims? Not seeing any with plugs on ebay.
Try calling some yards that carry LC or LX. I called a few here in California and scored a nice 3 knob trim with the pig tails. I had to ask them specifically for the pig tails, they left a good 14" of wire on each. I think I paid $100 for all. Good luck

Hi! Just made the conversion to a 2001 LX470 Climate control. Couldn’t believe I could pull it off but thanks to @primeral and to everyone that pitched in this thread! Will work later on double din but everything else is working like new!

Just to be clear- if you undertake this Nav delete, does it then make fitting the large tesla screens possible?
I believe, Yes. You can also use other android double-din headunits as well.

I'm about to start this job, and just wanted to share something that might be helpful to others thinking about it.

If you go to Car-Part.com--Used Auto Parts Market and search for 98 land cruiser, and pick "a/c heater controls" in the drop down menu, you will find a ton of them for sale from various junkyards around the country for under $150. It was very easy for me to get one with the pigtails cut out and shipped to me in a few days for a LOT less than what people on ebay or on here are trying to charge.
This was the best advice. I did multiple Google searches and never came across this site (no idea how I didn't find it). When I went on Car-Part.com I was able to find a Lexus/Toyota specific yard that had a dozen 100 series LX470s locally here in Sacramento. $100 for the Lexus non-nav bezel instead of $500 on ebay.

I just finished the nav delete and I have a couple gremlins. The passenger mirror defrost, the auto and the off buttons don't work. Everything else seems to work perfectly.
The system seems to be in auto already as it respondes to the set temperature by turning to heat when I increase it and cold when I decrease it, but I can't turn auto on or off and it's light is off. The off button for the climate control doesn't turn the system off either, so low fan speed is the closest I can get to off.

I checked all the ground pins and they all are good.. The only thing I'm not 100% on is C12. It's connected to 1F, but the diagram calls it a ground and I don't get continuity between that and the body. It's not ground colored like the other grounds so I'm not sure if it's a constant ground or if it's something else.

Any help would be appreciated 🙏

Easiest method is to find someone in your area and swap the bezel. This will show you if it is a wiring issue. Do this after you triple check your wiring.

Easiest method is to find someone in your area and swap the bezel. This will show you if it is a wiring issue. Do this after you triple check your wiring.
My wiring all matches what's on the diagram. Weird thing is (my own fault) I initially used the diagram from the first post in the thread. I misread something and though the first diagram was the updated one. When I had it wired that way the passenger defrost would turn on, but now it won't.
I'm going to have to go back and retrace my steps and figure out what between the old and new diagram changed that messed that up for me.
Also, it's odd to me that the bezel's harnesses have 2 wires that aren't use. It seems like this bezel is the exact one for my model (has all the same functions as my nav did).
I ordered a wiring diagram book that should be here today. I'll get this figured out eventually.

Almost done with installing my new head unit which will finish of my nav delete. I was able to locate a plug-and-play adapter for my new head unit to make use of the factory gps antenna. Has anyone used this? The connections are correct so I assume it will work.

I was going to do a Nav delete and purchased a bezel, but ended up changing my mind. I still have the Nav bezel with climate control functions kicking around. I paid $300 for the bezel with pigtails. Willing to let it go for the same price. I'll also include the antenna adapter, Metra 70-8113, double din bezel, and parking brake bypass that I purchased in preparation. $300 OBO.
IMG-0481.jpg
IMG-0484.jpg
IMG-0485.jpg
IMG-0486.jpg
IMG-0490.jpg

Last edited:
I was going to do a Nav delete and purchased a bezel, but ended up changing my mind. I still have the Nav bezel with climate control functions kicking around. I paid $300 for the bezel with pigtails. Willing to let it go for the same price. I'll also include the antenna adapter, Metra 70-8113, double din bezel, and parking brake bypass that I purchased in preparation. $300 OBO.
View attachment 2854868View attachment 2854869View attachment 2854870View attachment 2854872View attachment 2854873
Is this still available?

I’ve been searching thru this thread and can’t find the wiring diagrams for each harness and which wire they go into for the non nav harnesses. does anyone have them saved by chance ?

If you check back to the beginning of this thread, on page 1… I believe there are wiring schematics…

And LOADS of vital information to answer your other questions as they come up.

Attachments

• Updated non-nav pinouts.pdf
    241.6 KB · Views: 90

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom