Pre 03 Factory NAV to Double Din, Climate Knobs Conversion? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Which harness are you talking about? For 98-02 navi systems or the 03-07 systems?

98-02 harness are the same (rotary LC vs push button on LX), when nav enters the equation everything gets all booger'd up back there for a simple swap.

I think we need someone to try this conversion on the 03-07 LX and LC. And also try this on the Navi system of the 98-02

This would be awesome for the 03-07

Curious if there has been any progress on this project? I have the 98 LC, non-NAV with (3) rotary dial knobs and would LOVE to put in the stock Navi setup IF possible. Heck, even the digital climate control from an LX would suit me better.

why? the electronics behind the round dials is the same as that for the push button LX controls. it's just easier and quicker to make the same adjustment with the round LC controls.

and why would you want to go back to Clinton-era technology for nav when you can get a new double-DIN unit from Pioneer, Kenwood, etc that is light years ahead?

why? the electronics behind the round dials is the same as that for the push button LX controls. it's just easier and quicker to make the same adjustment with the round LC controls.

and why would you want to go back to Clinton-era technology for nav when you can get a new double-DIN unit from Pioneer, Kenwood, etc that is light years ahead?

X2 x2

The LX wood treatment on the autoclimate (non-navi) is without a doubt a better looking than any of the LC trims. And I think it looks more modern with the auto-climate setup.

The LX wood treatment on the autoclimate (non-navi) is without a doubt a better looking than any of the LC trims. And I think it looks more modern with the auto-climate setup.

The less you look at the climate controls and surrounds, the safer and better you drive.

Agreed but we're all in the car/truck for long periods while not drivin, such as parked, waiting, in traffic, at a stop light, or entering/exiting the vehicle. If he likes the other trim layout, so be it.

So I am looking at double din units with longing right now... Are there any electrical engineers that are willing to conquer the 02 nav head unit?

ON non-nav pre 2003 trucks the "3 dial" is fully interchangeable with the LX digital climate controller. Confirmed and working in a 2000 LX470.

The Nav pre-2003 trucks can be done but would require adapters be made, a serious octopus, to connect the separate controllers. From my review it looks like all the wires are in place.

Someone needs to make this harness because I will pay for a clean and working one. I am ready to free myself of factory nav.

Everything except the harness I can source. The leg work of making the harness is what I am worried about.

I know you can easily source the other parts but some may not realize it's a grand...then you buy a headunit :)

You would basically need the 4 connectors to feed the non-nav climate control box, the audio harness could stay bare for connection to an aftermarket head unit. After you have those four connectors it would be a matter of following the wiring diagram and cross connecting the wires to match the new non-nav connectors.

I've thought about building these and make a side business out of it.... Anyone willing to pay $600 for a wire harness adapter? :)

Would the same harness work for the 2003+ or would that take a different harness?

I'm pretty sure that wouldn't work, the output from the nav unit is digital, while the knobs would be analog... FWIW but just my thought about it

sent from the phone you wish you had

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom