Prado Lift Kit Availability (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm wondering if there are any available Prado lift kits (long wheelbase) and their costs.

Wayne might know.... Wayne ?? .. Wayne ?? :grinpimp:

yes OME have .. not much but have 50mm as much If remember well letme know the year and specific model to check in my OME catalog.

There are plenty of kits available for them here in Japan. They will run a bit expensive though. You are looking at anywhere from 80,000 yen to 150,000 yen new in the box.

I have a Zeal 4.5" kit on my 92 Prado. Fits 33" tires with no problems. Rides better than it did stock. It had a bit of body roll at first but I was able to adjust the rear RS9000 shocks to a harder setting. The whole install took about 3 hours. Real simple to say the least.

You could have a go at finding a used lift on Yahoo.jp. Plenty of Prado kits there but it might be better to ask someone who is familiar with Yahoo to search and send links to you. I have no clue myself as I can hardly ever find my friend's items.

How much lift are you looking at getting for your Prado? If you are go for 50mm / 2" then spacers might be a ok way to go.

Let me see if I can find some dealer links for you and I'll post back later.

Thanks guys,

It's a 1900 4 Door Prado with the electronic suspension control and no lockers.

I'm inquiring more out of interest for a fellow who's interested in buying my truck from me.

This may be hearsay but stock 80 series front coils will fit Prados front and rear and give you a 4" lift...

But again this is all hearsay, take it for whatever it is worth :D

Dave

It's been done but only works on the round headlight trucks front and rear. The late models 90+ can't take them up front IIRC. This was documented by aussie cruiserhead Brian Monger a couple years ago. (search DTLC and/or outelimits) :D

beanz2 said:
This may be hearsay but stock 80 series front coils will fit Prados front and rear and give you a 4" lift...

But again this is all hearsay, take it for whatever it is worth :D

Dave
nope.
i took and compared the 81 series with the 78 series.
not compatable...

the kits i am looking at in Japan have the adjustable panhard links and all the correction parts needed to give the 78s good handling. there is the 20, 25, 40cm lifts available
very expensive but then you can go with an Ozzi lift for $800 for shocks and springs (plus shipping and taxes, duty etc)
cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom