Power windows getting slow (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Just did this operation. As all moving parts, the window mechanism needs lubrication. I have made better experience with white lithium grease spray or PTFE Spray. Its more durable and stays better in place than silicone spray and lubes like hell. Use the silicone spray on the sides of the gasket of the glass. I clean and relube all moving parts after 2 years. Never had to replace any moving part due to failure.

Anyone know where one might find the "Window Runs" indicated in an earlier reply? I looked for Part on a few Toyota parts sites.. No luck.

Difficult but yes.
You still have to take the door panel off so then it's only two screws on the window.
Then the other side takes half the time.
Loctite the screws.
It's one of the better things to spend money on.
They are seriously nice to have if you've got a southern truck.

Before replacing parts- as previously suggested in this thread #15, try some "dry" silicone spray in the tracks- use sparingly.

Honestly, my OCD will not be satisfied unless I swap the rubber parts and/or clean the brushes and contacts in the motor.

Old thread but I’m not going to take my doors apart so can i just spray the silicone in the rails where the window rolls up? Or am i stupid

I'd rather replace seals than motors and regulators. Not that spray doesn't work, I'm sure it does. I've tried it once, but I've never replaced regulators or motors. I think ignoring the squeak will cost more money in the end, unless you're flipping.

I sprayed the silicone on the tracks and didn't notice much improvement. All the electronics in my truck are suffering so I assume the window motors are as well. The mirrors and seats are slow, the door locks don't work above 80*F, etc.

Gamecock - are we talkin about rear hatches or slow windows?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom