Power Steering Pump - New OEM VS Rebuild (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@Norcalfj100 If you want to borrow my highly calibrated, precision PS gear removal tool, your welcome to it. You gotta pick it up from me in a Santa Monica. Makes removal and install a snap.

How much? When will they be available? Group Buy!?!?!?

Thanks for the tips and suggestions! My rebuild kit is on it's way. Where are you from that there's so much trouble getting parts?!

I am from Lahore PK.
Last month I was visiting USA and tried to find the power steering pump for my 1HD. Most of the places I visited in NY gave me a sweet smile and said sir you may try to find on amazon/eBay etc because land cruisers are very uncommon here and this Diesel engine specially is like 95 years old grand father.

Chinese are number one for copying spare parts & sell at cheap price here in pk. And we are (here in pk) are at 2nd position because we start copying the Chinese copies and stamp it “Made in xyz”. Lol.

I will grant @NLXTACY an unlimited use license in exchange for a free turbo kit! ;)

I could CNCrouter the piece out of African Mahogany and a fresh laser etching logo with gold leaf infill. The handle of course wrapped in baby seal fur. Hardware of course titanium. Each serial numbered and RFID for quick location tracking.

I could CNCrouter the piece out of African Mahogany and a fresh laser etching logo with gold leaf infill. The handle of course wrapped in baby seal fur. Hardware of course titanium. Each serial numbered and RFID for quick location tracking.

I look forward to the 300 page thread:popcorn:

So I just rebuilt my pump. The fins all fell out of the circular thing inside the pump. I just slid that all back into place not realizing there is a certain way they go. I am getting a noise, is this going to shred my pump or am I ok to run it like this until I feel like taking it apart again.

I am from Lahore PK.
Last month I was visiting USA and tried to find the power steering pump for my 1HD. Most of the places I visited in NY gave me a sweet smile and said sir you may try to find on amazon/eBay etc because land cruisers are very uncommon here and this Diesel engine specially is like 95 years old grand father.

Chinese are number one for copying spare parts & sell at cheap price here in pk. And we are (here in pk) are at 2nd position because we start copying the Chinese copies and stamp it “Made in xyz”. Lol.

So this is where are the copied parts come from on eBay? Haha. Well it's too bad it's so hard to get parts for your truck where you live. We take that for granted here I guess. There aren't too many Land Cruisers, but any that are made to be sold in the USA are pretty easy to get parts for if they are 20-30 years old...

So I just rebuilt my pump. The fins all fell out of the circular thing inside the pump. I just slid that all back into place not realizing there is a certain way they go. I am getting a noise, is this going to shred my pump or am I ok to run it like this until I feel like taking it apart again.

Thanks, I will keep on an eye on this when I tear into mine!

We always take the vanes out and clean them. The square edge goes onto the rotor, the rounded edge goes out towards the cylinder. Wouldn't think that running them backwards would cause damage, short term, but have never tried.

I am going to replicate the @midfat specialty tool, IF he is kind enough to tell me the diameter of the circle and the distance from the end of the board, please. This will be available to borrow around the Rocklin/Sacramento area. I hope that there are not copyright infringements or patent issues with @NLXTACY ?

I am going to replicate the @midfat specialty tool, IF he is kind enough to tell me the diameter of the circle and the distance from the end of the board, please. This will be available to borrow around the Rocklin/Sacramento area. I hope that there are not copyright infringements or patent issues with @NLXTACY ?
I think it was a 2-3/8" hole saw, but it's essentially the same diameter as the gear itself. Measurement from the end was arbitrary -- enough to cut a slot for the clamp bolt. Tell you what, if you DM me your address, I'll just mail it to you. It's not like I can't make another one in 20 years when I need to replace the pump again.

I think it was a 2-3/8" hole saw, but it's essentially the same diameter as the gear itself. Measurement from the end was arbitrary -- enough to cut a slot for the clamp bolt. Tell you what, if you DM me your address, I'll just mail it to you. It's not like I can't make another one in 20 years when I need to replace the pump again.

Deal! Please sign the tool, and let me know how much shipping to 95677 will cost and how I can pay you. Then, when someone else needs it, I'll sign it and do the same for them.

Just to confirm with the parts # gurus: When ordering the high pressure gasket 44327-30030 the dealer system (Norwood Toyota) states that part doesn't fit my 97 FZJ80. Silly computer or did I miss something? Ordering anyway, will see!

Last edited:
Here you go. On the way. (@NLXTACY :cheers:)

63233370-F672-4DE2-ACCF-0D6388E8DCC5.jpeg

It’s in Rocklin, CA for a few weeks and then I will post when it’s up for adoption! My luck the next person who needs it will be overseas and the postage will be crazy expensive! So, I guess contiguous US only...

Just so you and others know, put on leather glove. Hold gear with leather glove hand. Put impact on gear nut. Rattle off. Smack gear off with rubber mallet. Do not lose woodruff key. Reinstall reverse order.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom