Power steering bracket (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Need help ...steering gearbox bracket of 76fj40 are the same with 79 ps steering bracket. Any input ..thanks

not sure of the question. are you asking if 76 ps bracket is the same as a 79 ps bracket?

first year for ps was 79, anything earlier would be a retro fit or custom bracket. The engine block did not have the holes in it for the bracket until 79.

what about your other thread about this?

https://forum.ih8mud.com/40-55-series-tech/478963-79-power-steering.html

The reason i ask about this is i bought 79 PS gearbox from a friend...This morning when i tried to fit it ..The angle of the 76 ps bracket are different from the 79 ps bracket ...any idea if the bracket of 79 will exactly bolt on to the chassis of 76

i also called JTOUTFITTER who sell ps bracket ..but they said they only sell bracket of toyota psgearbox for fj40.....

I am suspicious enough to ask you to please post pics of what you have and are referring to. The pedestal that is bolted to the frame is the same from 9/72-7/80 and that would include your 79 gear.

The discontinued part number is: 45312-60041

Dave

For a '79 FJ40 that came with power steering, are you referring to the power steering pump bracket or

the power steering box bracket.

JTO has brackets for a mini truck power steering conversion. If that's your aim, you're far better off contacting mud vendor Georg (orangefj45) for his brackets. You'll need to get a mini truck power steering box from a non-ifs truck and a saginaw pump. Search mud for the many quality threads on this type conversion if that is what you have in mind. Parts for this will be far easier to source than trying to install post '79 FJ40 power steering components. You will not be able to mount a stock post 79 power steering pump on an earlier block, as there are no holes drilled in the block. Drilling them in a pre '79 yourself is way past precarious.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom