Post your wheeling damage pics (9 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

What is ‘frame labor’? It better be a good waxing for that rate!
The quarter panel and frame are bent behind the light that got smashed in.

I thought I was going to get away with just replacing the light and the bumper cover, but I took the light out and my heart sank…

Far from a headline, but damage courtesy of the Grand Canyon. :p
Screen Shot 2024-01-10 at 8.47.34 PM.png

But the view and shot were worth it.
Screen Shot 2024-01-10 at 9.00.23 PM.png

I installed the skid plate quite literally the week before departing on my epic road trip. Unfortunately, the T-case skid plate arrived at my house the day after I departed, so I had to be a little careful with the wheeling.
Screen Shot 2024-01-10 at 8.47.58 PM.png

Last edited:
Far from a headline, but damage courtesy of the Grand Canyon. :p
View attachment 3530022
But the view and shot were worth it.
View attachment 3530026

I installed the skid plate quite literally the week before departing on my epic road trip. Unfortunately, the T-case skid plate arrived at my house the day after I departed, so I had to be a little careful with the wheeling.
View attachment 3530023
Nice shot! The lack of even the OEM transfer case skid definitely gives me the willies, but great to hear that you had a successful trip.

The original transmission skid plate was pretty crispy. Rediculous.
20210404 IMG_6273.jpg

Last edited:
Yes, thank you for correcting.
It was still crispy.

I wouldn't call this wheeling necessarily, but it's definitely off-road. I decided to take a dirt road on the way to work in a rainstorm last week. Ilost control of the car and slid into a high banked ditch.

Being late to work and short on coffee while 45° in a rainstorm don't lead to good self-recovery decisions and instead of using all the tools at my disposal, I just tried sending it. Damaged my driver side quarter panel and front fender and scratched the snot out of the rest of the car.

A nice neighbor pulled me out with his tractor and I've been daily driving it after cleaning is much damage as possible.

1000022824.jpg
1000022826.jpg
1000022830.jpg
1000022825.jpg
1000022827.jpg

I wouldn't call this wheeling necessarily, but it's definitely off-road. I decided to take a dirt road on the way to work in a rainstorm last week. Ilost control of the car and slid into a high banked ditch.

Being late to work and short on coffee while 45° in a rainstorm don't lead to good self-recovery decisions and instead of using all the tools at my disposal, I just tried sending it. Damaged my driver side quarter panel and front fender and scratched the snot out of the rest of the car.

A nice neighbor pulled me out with his tractor and I've been daily driving it after cleaning is much damage as possible.

View attachment 3578744View attachment 3578745View attachment 3578746View attachment 3578747View attachment 3578748
That was an expensive excursion.

That was an expensive excursion.
I've had better Mondays.

Full quote was somewhere around $8,000. I have a quarter panel on the way, praying to find a used red front fender. If anyone can think of any intelligent modifications to make because of this, that would be nice.

View attachment 3578744View attachment 3578745View attachment 3578746View attachment 3578747View attachment 3578748
I can only imagine how many new cuss words were created during this.

I just tried sending it.
Been there!

If there were trees around but you don’t have a winch, the ‘bog out’ can provide a slow to setup but viable option. It packs to the size of a shoe bag and weighs around 5 lbs

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom