Post your wheeling damage pics (7 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The cost of trying to wheel with the big boys and not take any bypasses.. 40s on 37s and this 🐖. BudBuilt skids and white knuckle sliders took a proper beating but held their weight and saved the truck. Came down so hard on passenger slider that I pushed the front fender into the door a bit.
20210607_192326.jpg

20210607_192355.jpg

20210607_192415.jpg

Last edited:
A sound no one wants to hear when wheeling. Not even that hard of a trail, but guess I had weakened it more than enough.

A sound no one wants to hear when wheeling. Not even that hard of a trail, but guess I had weakened it more than enough.

This reached through the internet and punched me in the gut. Really sorry dude.

This reached through the internet and punched me in the gut. Really sorry dude.
Gotta pay to play right.. really wish it was the CV that blew so I could've had it back up the following day and kept wheeling

Trying to make @afgman786 feel better by showing him a mere flesh wound from sliding down one of the chonky ledges on Hell's revenge:

IMG_2894.JPG

IMG_2895.JPG

True story, I installed these two days before leaving home. NO REGRETS.

Gotta pay to play right.. really wish it was the CV that blew so I could've had it back up the following day and kept wheeling
What was it then?

What was it then?
Fairly confident something in the diff gave from the troubleshooting we did. The CV boot looks perfectly fine. Hopefully it's still only CV and just diff side where it blew.

Both front wheels spin freely by hand in park. Can't feel anything really catch while turning the wheels either.

I still need to tear into it more, but didn't care to do too much more at camp when we started realizing it might be the diff

Fairly confident something in the diff gave from the troubleshooting we did. The CV boot looks perfectly fine. Hopefully it's still only CV and just diff side where it blew.

Both front wheels spin freely by hand in park. Can't feel anything really catch while turning the wheels either.

I still need to tear into it more, but didn't care to do too much more at camp when we started realizing it might be the diff
Did you disconnect the driveshaft to get off the trail?

Did you disconnect the driveshaft to get off the trail?
Nope. There based on no hearing any noise we figured its a clean break and drove with CDL 45min back. Took back roads to keep the speeds low just in case something seized up

Nope. There based on no hearing any noise we figured its a clean break and drove with CDL 45min back. Took back roads to keep the speeds low just in case something seized up
Thanks. Trying to get myself prepared for when this seems to inevitably happen to me at some point.

Did a week long Colorado trip, stayed two nights in Mt. Princeton campground then headed over Tin Cup Pass from St. Elmo to Mirror Lake campground and stayed there 3 nights. Tried to head over Napoleon Pass to Pitkin but once we got to the last couple hundred feet to the summit I realized there was no way I was going to risk the steep loose and off camber push to the top. A 4 wheeler had flipped already and we headed back down and went over Cumberland Pass. Long way around but way safer. I had no problems with the climb up but the way down I did drop off a root and smack the running board. Not too bad but still hate the sound when it hits. Sliders would be nice but you know $$$
IMG_3036.JPG

So this happened over the weekend...

KIMG0183.JPG

...which entailed a visit to Slee today to ensure it never happening again. But when arranging a rear bumper, why not a front as well? And the tires are nearly done, so let's go to 33s. And let's do 17" wheels, because that makes sense. And with all that, doesn't this thing need to get off the ground? Let's go OME BP-51. Oh crap, the wallet damage was enormous, but the truck's gonna be awesome!

So this happened over the weekend...

View attachment 2737959

...which entailed a visit to Slee today to ensure it never happening again. But when arranging a rear bumper, why not a front as well? And the tires are nearly done, so let's go to 33s. And let's do 17" wheels, because that makes sense. And with all that, doesn't this thing need to get off the ground? Let's go OME BP-51. Oh crap, the wallet damage was enormous, but the truck's gonna be awesome!
Its like going to costco and trying to only spend $100

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom