Post your high-mileage 100-series!!! (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

If I remember correctly this is not your first LC over 400k miles...maybe you 4th?
3rd if I remember correctly. I have an 80 series with 503k and sold a hundy with 470k

^^^^ Full disclosure….I bought all used and did not roll all those miles. A pile of miles but not all of them.

^^^^ Full disclosure….I bought all used and did not roll all those miles. A pile of miles but not all of them.
I'm actually happy to hear you didn't do all those miles yourself. Gas costs for nearly a million miles in LC's? Ouch! 😮 Better have a sponsor!

1706195090842.png

Happened this Dec... love this thing!!!

I'm actually happy to hear you didn't do all those miles yourself. Gas costs for nearly a million miles in LC's? Ouch! 😮 Better have a sponsor!
But that’s only because I haven’t lived long enough. It ain’t over yet.

At 361,000 miles of which 226,000 I have driven. Last night I started to compile a spreadsheet of all repairs and modifications with costs. I still think owning and daily driving a 20-year-old 100 series is better than a car payment.

At 361,000 miles of which 226,000 I have driven. Last night I started to compile a spreadsheet of all repairs and modifications with costs. I still think owning and daily driving a 20-year-old 100 series is better than a car payment.
I was just talking with a logger working for me today about car payments. Most logging company owners, foresters, timber buyers, etc. I deal with have new trucks and truck payments then trade in every two years always having a payment. Today he said his was $1200 a month....every single month. That is retarded. I then told him I bought the beast we were standing beside 24 years ago this month. Haven't had a payment in a pile of years but have had a pile of years of excellent service and very low ownership costs.

I was just talking with a logger working for me today about car payments. Most logging company owners, foresters, timber buyers, etc. I deal with have new trucks and truck payments then trade in every two years always having a payment. Today he said his was $1200 a month....every single month. That is retarded. I then told him I bought the beast we were standing beside 24 years ago this month. Haven't had a payment in a pile of years but have had a pile of years of excellent service and very low ownership costs.

I have about 20K in receipts for repairs and service over the 25 year life of my '98 with 265K. That's less than $70 a month. However, this doesn't count the 3K in suspension upgrades I have sitting in the shop.

Last edited:

It really depends on your job and what you can write off. I'm an independent contractor and I bought a new Tundra in 2023. When I do my taxes the deduction I believe will be $28,900.00 plus 80% of depreciation. I can write off expenses as well that are purchased for the truck ("suspension" tires, screen protector etc.). This in return makes a big difference on what I pay in taxes at the end of the year.

With that said we also have a 2005 LC with 225K miles on it lol
Jack Pass.jpg

It really depends on your job and what you can write off. I'm an independent contractor and I bought a new Tundra in 2023. When I do my taxes the deduction I believe will be $28,900.00 plus 80% of depreciation. I can write off expenses as well that are purchased for the truck ("suspension" tires, screen protector etc.). This in return makes a big difference on what I pay in taxes at the end of the year.

With that said we also have a 2005 LC with 225K miles on it lol
View attachment 3578691

Yea I have my own business as well. My issue is....If I were to buy a new $60k truck, look how much money must exit my bank account in order to save a small percentage, maybe 25%. Rather than buy a good used LC/LX for $10-15k. The deductible expenses will basically be the same and cheaper insurance. Bottom line is you keep more of your money.

I actually write off my 30k+ miles per year but not purchase price or expenses. My tax savings pay for my truck the first year. Then every other year is gravy. I did that with my '99 LC for five years then sold it for more than I paid.

IMG_9266.jpeg

Yea I have my own business as well. My issue is....If I were to buy a new $60k truck, look how much money must exit my bank account in order to save a small percentage, maybe 25%. Rather than buy a good used LC/LX for $10-15k. The deductible expenses will basically be the same and cheaper insurance. Bottom line is you keep more of your money.

I actually write off my 30k+ miles per year but not purchase price or expenses. My tax savings pay for my truck the first year. Then every other year is gravy. I did that with my '99 LC for five years then sold it for more than I paid.
I have not had a car payment since my late 20s. Everyone tried to tell me how great the write off is on buying new equipment on my business. For me to spend a dollar to get 30 cents or so back on my taxes…ummm that math doesn’t work. I’ll keep the 70 and give the 30 to Uncle Sam. I think a lot of people use the write off as an excuse just to buy new cars and trucks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom