Post your high-mileage 100-series!!! (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Not as high as everyone else

20190724_204223.jpg

My 1999 (bought new) is still adding up the miles, now through 420,000.

The valve covers have never been off, it's the original motor, transmission, diffs, X-fer case, etc. etc. and does not burn a drop of oil still! I'll change routinely at 5-7,000 miles, conventional oil. For mods, almost none except K&N air filter forever, good tunes and nav, and 2" ARB lift along with vented and drilled rotors (which don't warp when all others did from my towing). I don't use premium gas except when towing boat.

Recent work includes new BFG K02's tires (they wear like iron and overall are superb for the LC), ARB/OME shocks and springs, and new CV Joints/Axles after boots finally wore. Lesson, don't bother with aftermarket or re-mfg'd CV joints/axles, they immediately sucked and vibrated at speed, had to install factory, didn't do my homework. Expensive mistake. Time for re-upholstery of front seats.

Truck has had the usual water pumps, a radiator, alternator, a few ignition coils, an AC compressor, a steering wheel and shift knob (both wore) and bulbs but nothing major to date.

It routinely tows a 3300 lb fishing boat and toy trailer, does several major trips to the remote high desert, and launches in salt water without any signs of corrosion for the wheels and rear end that gets wet.

Just an amazing vehicle. Exceeds all expectations.

LC at 420K Modoc.jpg
IMG_0959.jpg

Rolfe, Great Post That really clues some of us in to what we will expect. Very informative and insightful. Amazing quality vehicle

I'm about to hit 200k in 150 miles or so, will definitely try capture this monumental moment in which the LX will be passed it's breaking in point.

2000 LX470 190,000k miles
Original transmission & hydraulic suspension accumulators (I've changed both fluids myself thanks to this website)
100k miles on current timing belt :woot: dealer never mentions changing it. Engine is silky smooth, but an occasional rough / low idle.

Screen Shot 2019-08-04 at 8.38.00 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-08-04 at 8.46.33 PM.png

Last edited:
Seen anew 4runner Pro today!
All I thought about was, “Man I could Completely rebuild my 100 w/ diesel and Strait axle for that much” and still have money left over.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom