Post your 285/75/18 setup! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys, I’m interested in running a 285/75/18 setup. I’m hoping this is a less diffucult way to get closer to 35” width than other setups such as 315/76/16, but wanted to see what it took for other people who are running it to get this to work and how they felt about it. The more information the better such as:

-OEM wheels: with or without spacers? What size/brand spacers front and back?

-Aftermarket wheels: offset? Width (9”, 8”,etc)? Brand/model?

-Did this require modification to pinch weld/fender/etc?

-Lift? (I know this technically shouldn’t make a difference but still good to know)

-what tire brand/model did you eventually choose?

-Are you happy with the setup?

Interested in more opinions on this as well, but what I have gathered so far from members here is to truly fit with zero rubbing at all levels of flex lock-to-lock a body lift and some way to keep the tire off the frame rail (small wheel spacer or adjusted steering limit) is required.

...Did you search for this first?
id be interested in seeing who ELSE has done this recently. I, like the OP, have read everything i can both in this section and the tire and wheel section. there actually isn't all that much on this specific size for 100s and i plan to purchase a set in the next couple weeks. 35 12.50s are a totally different animal and only partially relevant.

id be interested in seeing who ELSE has done this recently. I, like the OP, have read everything i can both in this section and the tire and wheel section. there actually isn't all that much on this specific size for 100s and i plan to purchase a set in the next couple weeks. 35 12.50s are a totally different animal and only partially relevant.

Good point. This hasn't been covered before.

It has been covered. Lots. I don't even run 35s and I can tell you from what I've read just on this site what you'll need. A minimum of ~1.5" lift, trimmed pinch weld, body lift depending on your suspension set up, gears if you are so inclined.

It's one thing to ask a question that's been covered. To imply you've already read it all and either A- didn't find the info you were looking for or B- you feel like there's been some new development in the physics of running 35s on these trucks... IDK what to tell you.

Last edited:
I looked through those search results you provided also MongooseGA, and in it I found one user who did a 1" body lift and had wheel spacers. On other threads not included in the search result you provided, someone said they did this with 2" lift, stock UCA, no body lift, no spacers. I wanted to see what other people's experience have been. Haha i guess we'll have to semi pioneer this.

I have 285/75/18 Michelin at2 tires, second set on now and they fit stock no mods. Great tires. Even better with new shocks! Someone said you can use the 275/80/18 as well with no mods necessary. Michelin has the “force” tire out in other countries and it looks more aggressive with more sidewall protection. Cant find these in the US. Pirelli has a much upgraded scorpion all terrain plus. They look more aggressive, but would need a bit more info. Also they are quite a bit cheaper. Hope this helps!

I have 285/75/18 Michelin at2 tires, second set on now and they fit stock no mods. Great tires. Even better with new shocks! Someone said you can use the 275/80/18 as well with no mods necessary. Michelin has the “force” tire out in other countries and it looks more aggressive with more sidewall protection. Cant find these in the US. Pirelli has a much upgraded scorpion all terrain plus. They look more aggressive, but would need a bit more info. Also they are quite a bit cheaper. Hope this helps!
you're fitting 285/75 18s on a STOCK rig? are you sure you don't mean 285/75 16? the former is a 35" tire the later a 33" tire.

Reactions: GTV
you're fitting 285/75 18s on a STOCK rig? are you sure you don't mean 285/75 16? the former is a 35" tire the later a 33" tire.

I'm wondering the same. You should not be able to fit that tire on a stock 100 without mods. That would defy years of information from a wide variety of sources.

285/75r18 Nitto Ridge
35x11.50 on sidewall as well

18” OEM wheels 18x8 +60
1.25” BORA spacers

Lifted
Front hub to fender 22”
Rear hub to fender 22 1/4”
Yeah I know. I like it level.

Hammered pinch weld

No rubbing as daily driver. Trail riding I’ll occasionally get the slightest rub when compressed and turning on a washout, etc. i don’t do rocks. When aired down I have not noticed any rubbing.

So do they rub. Barely but barely means yes ... so yes.

If that bothers you then just pick a smaller tire.

CF59C43B-1D18-47DB-A534-4D4FCDF6236D.jpeg

Here is my 285/65/r18 BFGoodrich All-Terrains. This set is old and needs to be replaced this summer. I like the size, no rub that I have ever noticed. Stock truck all around. Speedo is off by a good 5mph at 75.

234333E5-5EB7-4DD8-BFD9-59B86643341D.jpeg

Here is my 285/65/r18 BFGoodrich All-Terrains. This set is old and needs to be replaced this summer. I like the size, no rub that I have ever noticed. Stock truck all around. Speedo is off by a good 5mph at 75.

View attachment 2305324

Look closely, thread is about 285/75r18s...a type of 35s

this is exactly why it's hard to find info on this tire size for tree 100. dozens of threads but so little legitimate examples. this thread has precisely 1 actual example so far. so much for the search tool:rolleyes:

this is exactly why it's hard to find info on this tire size for tree 100. dozens of threads but so little legitimate examples. this thread has precisely 1 actual example so far. so much for the search tool:rolleyes:

I don't seem to have much of an issue, using the search function to find examples of rigs running 285/75r18 tires around here, but they're mostly in threads more than 5 days old 😉

For example, here's the first handful I ran across:

Last edited:
So I mounted my tires. Still waiting on my spare to show up to mount the 5th though. these are cooper discoverer AT3 XLT 285/75R18 on tundra wheels, no spacers and stock UCA. 2" ironman lift. Sitting at 21" hub to fender. I'm trying to keep it as low as possible. I trimmed the washer cover and hammered the pinch weld and did some trimming and heat gunning in preparation for mounting these. Absolutely no rubbing. However I couldn't quite stuff the tires completely to the bump stops. I'm happy. I created a thread on exactly how I trimmed the fenders.
20200519_185157-01.jpeg
20200519_193907-01.jpeg
20200519_194141-01.jpeg
20200519_191423-01.jpeg
20200519_194544-01.jpeg

Sweet rig! I know only time will tell, but do you guys feel much stress on the steering rack with this setup?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom