Post up what you pedal (11 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

My super heavy steel frame & triple wall aluminum rims fixie.

IMG_0918.jpg

I had a Niner WFO but some punk decided he needed it more than me. Right now I am rocking the D-back Sortie 29er. I swapped the fox fork for a white brothers loop.

ForumRunner_20120909_011220.jpg

Just got a Transition Dirtbag. My first full suspension and man it is awesome. I'm loving the downhill thing, even though i'm just starting out.

when i got it

Dirtbag.jpg

It was pretty scratched up and had bad shuttle marks so i decided to strip it down and paint it. Nothing flashy.

Now

Done6.jpg

Done2.jpg

photo-64.JPG

yep... got the multi-speeder too, but i prefer this. :D

Here are my 2 Bikes, Lovem both!
1. Niner Air 9 Carbon, SRAM XX Groupo
2. Cervelo R3 Carbon, SRAM Red Groupo
Air 9 Carbon.jpg
Cervelo R3.jpg

Usually ride one out 25 bikes that I have in my quiver. From a 1982 specialized stumpjumper87 Brodie, 09 yeti ARC. Two reliefs fixies, old 72 Kawasaki bmx, 4 haros 2 kastans and other misc old bike.
image-794577346.jpg
image-3528448620.jpg
image-2975069104.jpg
image-1304687202.jpg
image-525298567.jpg

I mainly ride a wicked fat chance w/ tange switchblade fork.Its cool hanging off the cruiser cause
there only a year apart in age.

After living in the mountains and riding full suspensions...a move back to the city
environment has me reverting back to the simplicity of old steel hardtails and minimal gears.

91(or so)? Dekerf - too small, but I still ride it.
96 or 97 Kona cindercone - rain beater when intact.
96+ Brodie expresso - new build to come and a keeper.

Old steel bikes are an addiction like rusty old land cruisers(but a little cheaper to
maintain) :)
IMG_1693.jpg

After living in the mountains and riding full suspensions...a move back to the city
environment has me reverting back to the simplicity of old steel hardtails and minimal gears.

91(or so)? Dekerf - too small, but I still ride it.
96 or 97 Kona cindercone - rain beater when intact.
96+ Brodie expresso - new build to come and a keeper.

Old steel bikes are an addiction like rusty old land cruisers(but a little cheaper to
maintain) :)

Love it! Steel is real.

I picked this up the other day. Trek Fuel ex8. It's my first NEW bike in 13 years or so.

very nice ride. what's the logic behind the front crank swap? is it just to get a bashguard?

very nice ride. what's the logic behind the front crank swap? is it just to get a bashguard?

That is the Deore crankset(triple) that is OE spec on the EX8. I just swapped out the big ring for a simple, aluminum, Race Face bash guard right away and moved the front der. down a little. I get zero use out of a big 42t ring and there are a couple big logs we ride over weekly. Also, although I haven't done it quite yet, I'll get to shorten the chain a bit which is nice.

I'm super stoked on this bike folks. It rips.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom