Post up what you pedal (7 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I don't have any pics.. but it's a Giant NRS carbon, full XTR with a fox up front. I'm considering going up to a 100-120 mm fork and tossing the 80 mm fox though.

hmm..In ~1979 I bought a used orange schwinn le tour....Now its a conglomerate of parts with a campy crank/derailleurs, bmx stem, Mtn bike handle bars....I need some new tires on that one....otherwise its a circa 1970 schwinn twinn deluxe, a circa 1990 santana rio tandem, a circa 1990 mtn bike of unknown manufcturer that a friend gave to me (my commuter with smooth tires, steel baskets and fenders, a specialized rockhopper circa 1985....

I don't have any pics.. but it's a Giant NRS carbon, full XTR with a fox up front. I'm considering going up to a 100-120 mm fork and tossing the 80 mm fox though.

When you toss the 80 mm fox, let me know! ;)

I want to be there to catch it.

Floval Flyer

267810798_60d147719c.jpg

Also have a GT, but this one is ridden more often.

2006 Specialized Stumpy. Fox Triad on the back, Fox Talas on the front. Juicy 7s to slow you down. Best XC bike I've ever ridden, but set the cruiser project back a few months to buy it. No pictures on work computer, but this is it:
51806sjumperfsrexpertsil.jpg

When you toss the 80 mm fox, let me know! ;)

I want to be there to catch it.

If'n you're serious about wanting it, PM me. I could use the funds to help with the purchase of the new 100-120 mm fox.

I'll have to wait until I get home to post...
Serotta lugged steel road bike
1980's vintage Ritchey mtn bike
Fuji junk road frame built into a fun commuter/town fixie with rear rack and saddle bags
Robin Hood 3spd or 5 spd cruiser
Gitane road frame converted to a xcountry with mtn bike brakes and wide tires.

I want to get one of these:

www.antbikemike.com

Some day.

Sweet bikes guys. Keep em coming:bounce:
Those ANT bikes are cool looking. Very old school style

Here are a few vintage mountain bikes, all pretty much new.....remember these day's....

schwinn sidewinder
ross
db ridge runner
db ridge runner
mongoose all terrain

bikevintage.jpg
bikevintage.jpg

Mtn.

Intense Tracer
Foes FXR

Road

Airborne Zeplin
Wife rides the old Specialized Allez Pro M4

04 Kona Hoss

Nice "heavy" x country/free ride hard tail
Not a big fan of the Deore calipers though.

Hoping to get a dawg or a stinky this fall

Here's my rockhopper. Its an 87. Fixed gear, 48/17 2.1 tires (slick) front brake only. Narrowed handle bars for comfort. Racks front and back now, with a pannier in back on the left for commuting daily to and from work. IRO Fixed/fixed hub in the back on a Velocity CliffHanger rim. Front is just a cheap mavic/deoreLX combo that I hate (The hub is dying after only 2 years....)

Shown with 1.25 tires and platform pedals, it now has 2.1's and shimano SPD mountain pedals on it, and a front rack to match.

rightside.jpg

Many bikes in the stable

1. Kestrel 200sci road bike - new in 1991 - retired in 2006
2. Specialized FSR 1994 - the very first version of the FSR line - retired 2005
2. Waltworks 29er
3. Waltworks Road frame w/S&S couplers for travel
4. Novara city bike
5. Masi - SS city bike

Last edited:
04 Kona Hoss

Nice "heavy" x country/free ride hard tail
Not a big fan of the Deore calipers though.

Hoping to get a dawg or a stinky this fall

here ya on the kona...

i've got an 01 chute...been thru a couple rebuilds, ha ha, finally tossed a hollowtech crank on it last winter

i'm lookin at goin to a single speed for ridin around nashville.
thinkin about gettin a fetish...i really want to try out the seduction...probably goin to go with the fixation or discipline b/c i'm cheap...

malphrus

Hey, since all the pedalheads are assembled, what's a good, quality bike for children? I've bought my kids Treks and Schwinns, but are they ever heavy! Heavier than my road bike (old steel Fuji), mountain bike (Trek), and the wife's hybrid (Trek). Why are "quality" kid's bikes heavier than adult bikes?

Hey, since all the pedalheads are assembled, what's a good, quality bike for children? I've bought my kids Treks and Schwinns, but are they ever heavy! Heavier than my road bike (old steel Fuji), mountain bike (Trek), and the wife's hybrid (Trek). Why are "quality" kid's bikes heavier than adult bikes?
Quality bike and light. (+ expensive) ;)
http://www.sebikes.com/2006/bike-detail.asp?id=5

How little??
My son is on a specialized hot rock, bought for him 1.5 years ago 6 speed and he seems to like it, It is almost as heavy as my hard rock sport (05) but hard tail rear and shocked up front. We will move him to a 20" rim next spring.
Dave

dude, you aren't lying. I just sold two of my freestyle bikes that I grew up with in the Mid 80's, (a Mongoose FS1 and a Haro FST) and they were each twice as heavy as my Fisher... and my Fisher isn't light by any stretch of the imagination. I'd be suprised if the Haro weighed less than 45lbs.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back
    Top Bottom