Post up pics of widened old school '40 rims on a '60 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Rigger

Ramble Tamble
Staff member
s-Moderator
Threads
I'd like to have a set of old school FJ40 rims on my FJ62. Problem is, I like wide tires, and the factory FJ40 rims are pretty narrow. I tried old school FJ40 rims and regular-sized tires on my lifted FJ60 and I just did not like the look. The tires looked too small. Now, there are companies like Stockton Wheel that can do custom wheel widening. This gets me to the reason for this thread . . . .

I'd like to hear from Mudders that are running widened old-school wheels on their 60-series waggies. Tells us how much it cost, how happy you are with the result, etc., etc. I'd also like to see some pics.

I have searched all of our forums and I can't seem to find much on the topic. I did run across this pic, which was posted up in the 40 section by Ron B. Wide old school rims and caps on a piggy. I like the look!
IMG_1142.jpg

I think excrca1 (totally just bombed his screenname, but his thread is something about ARB beautification over a summer) did the same thing on his 60.

I think excrca1 (totally just bombed his screenname, but his thread is something about ARB beautification over a summer) did the same thing on his 60.

Actually it is BritKLR's truck. This the post that he posted up in. The company that did it is Stiockton wheel. Here is a link to the thread --> WHEELS

It makes 10.50 wheels fit perfectly.

Ex

These are stock 40 wheels w/ 33x10.50 ATs

And Yes Stocton Wheel can widen them for you if you want. I want to know if they can make a 15" 40 series wheel into a 16 or 17" wheel to fit on an 80.
IMG_1395-600.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom