Builds Adv. Tool Co. 1987 FJ60 "Rhino Ride" build (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.adventuretoolcompany.com
Well, I've started my summer upgrades with the help of Exrsa1. After acquiring all my parts over the winter and a healthy dose of Uncle Sams Tax return I'm conducting the next phase of improvements on my 60.

Here's a list of items/projects for 2009:

Front ARB Locker - Currently being installed
Rear ARB Locker - Currently being installed
HD ARB compressor
4.56 gears in front and rear - currently being installed
New front and rear seals
Front knuckle rebuild
Front and rear bearing inspection
New rear brakes and cylinder
Rear drums turned
New Front brakes and calipers
New Front discs
Flush brake lines
Stainless Steel lines front and rear
Remove, clean, test and boil out radiator
New rubber hoses on entire engine
Replace all vacuum lines with silicone lines
New belts
New timing cover gasket and seal
Clean, inspect and paint all front end brackets
New tie rod ends
Rust proof all interior seams on doors and body panels
Dual Stainless Steel battery holders
New Dual Batteries
New custom cut dual battery harness with rear harness for Engel fridge and front jumper cable quick plugs
Delete rear heater and engine bay hoses
Carb rebuild - Still need to locate and schedule with Jim C.
Fab up rear utility light bracket on SROR bumper
Re-do the field tool kit

And a bunch of misc. stuff.

An added note, I'm keeping the 60 smogged for as long as possible since it runs great even with 235K on the meter.

I'm hoping to have this stuff completed by August due to a planned trip to Colorado in September!
June 2009 ATV riding fj60 066.jpg
June 2009 ATV riding fj60 070.jpg
June 2009 ATV riding fj60 069.jpg

Have always loved that truck.
Keep us updated!

there are oem hoses for the rear heater delete- let me know if you need the part numbers.

also what are you rust proofing the body seams with?
Ive been using fluid film for the body and eastwood heavy duty anti rust for the frame. The eastwood stuff comes in satin black so it makes the frame look real nice and it dries to a wax like consistency, that self heals. Feels like a candle.

Good Luck!

What are the hoses # for rear heater delete?

there are oem hoses for the rear heater delete- let me know if you need the part numbers.

also what are you rust proofing the body seams with?
Ive been using fluid film for the body and eastwood heavy duty anti rust for the frame. The eastwood stuff comes in satin black so it makes the frame look real nice and it dries to a wax like consistency, that self heals. Feels like a candle.

Good Luck!

Thanks Prowler....I've seen your post and can relate to how a simple "fix" turns into a complete "rebuild"!

Those delete numbers would be help, please LMK what they are.

I'm using the PB Blaster CSP Corrosion Stop. I spray in the bottom of all the doors and rear quarters and any low points in the body. I've blown the inside of the frame out with air, but I haven't treated it yet. The eastwood stuff sounds good for that.

Thanks.

BritKLR

lookin good I love your rig ... keep the pics comin

looks like it is going to be a busy summer:)

Thanks Prowler....I've seen your post and can relate to how a simple "fix" turns into a complete "rebuild"!

Those delete numbers would be help, please LMK what they are.

87245-90A02- thats the only hose you need for the delete. You can get rid of the metal pipe that runs behind the engine block, and the 3 outlet pipe on the passenger side firewall. Then you just run a hose from the firewall to the pipe on the block. I think you saw the pic on my build page.
I just went to ace hardware for the pipe cap on the engine block. Its a 3/8" npt cap.
Hope that helps- Let me know if you need anything else!

87245-90A02- thats the only hose you need for the delete. You can get rid of the metal pipe that runs behind the engine block, and the 3 outlet pipe on the passenger side firewall. Then you just run a hose from the firewall to the pipe on the block. I think you saw the pic on my build page.
I just went to ace hardware for the pipe cap on the engine block. Its a 3/8" npt cap.
Hope that helps- Let me know if you need anything else!

Thanks!

I'll get this ordered Monday! Have a safe 4th.

Sweet looking project! Let me know when you're in CO. I'll buy you a beer!

Radiator Update-

I originally had planned on purchasing a new radiator for this update but I went ahead and took the rad. to the local rad shop (I love these shops that are 50+ years old and still run by the original owner that knows everything about their operation...) They inspected it, boiled it out, pressure checked it, straightened the bent fines and repainted it for $49.00! They indicated it's still a strong rad! So I guess that saves $289 for a new one!

I'll be picking up the entire hose kick this week from Toyota, so the weekend will be fun filled!

Don't forget to add a hood shock conversion to your list :D

Thanks!

I am curious if you like your LED lights.....I need to do something about the interior lights since I put in a new headliner and never re-installed OEM lights.

I love 'em. A couple locations aren't perfect (the environmental controls and the one right underneath, above the switches), but for the dome lights and gauges, they're awesome and provide a very clean light.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom