Registry Post Pics Of Your Modded 7x Series (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I like to, but it hidden behind 2 houses with of crap in the garage :rolleyes:

the first shot is teh HZJ75 on the same run as Bruce's first shot, a wet and muddy weekend. the second is how the truck looks now and the third is my "ol Smokey" who is heading to the Winter Shiver...
cheers

Where's Peter's SOA BJ74. That one's cool, or does it have a new owner now?

gb

Its still Peter's but it seems like a good deal. Someone should buy it. ( I hope he doesn't sell it.)
ziplock.jpg

Greg_B said:
1989 BJ74. Protection by Camrock (Travis of Smurfield fame) Fabrications of Abbotsford. 50mm lift by Belton. Factory snorkle (not in the pic). The rest is pretty much the way it came: FF rear, Cable lockers, Factory 24V winch, etc.

gb

Love the front bumper, is it a original design cause a I saw the identical one on a European web site???

Radd Cruisers said:
Love the front bumper, is it a original design cause a I saw the identical one on a European web site???

Don't know if there is one identical, however mimicing something that works is the ultimate form of flattery:) As you likely recall there was a thread last year where I asked for pictures of protected 7* series so I could assess and mimic parts I liked. There were a few pictures posted; one of the European 74 that had a Mog axles underneath. Is that the one you mean? There would be similarities, as I printed off the pictures and took them to Cam and Travis, then said "build what works on this truck, and build in the strength it needs from your experience.".

Are these pictures the one you were thinking of Rob?

gb
J70_mogaxles2.jpg
J70_mogaxles.jpg

Last edited:
moose_sv1000s said:
Lowenbrau, can you "home-brew" another one of those bumpers?
Likely, but the first one took many hours even after Rob Mullen designed and started assembeling it. I figured, at minmum wage, I had more into it than an ARB would have cost. That besing said I'm a better fabricator now and I don't like the ARB ones as much. Thanks for asking.

lowenbrau said:
Likely, but the first one took many hours even after Rob Mullen designed and started assembeling it. I figured, at minmum wage, I had more into it than an ARB would have cost. That besing said I'm a better fabricator now and I don't like the ARB ones as much. Thanks for asking.

You should sell it as a kit. I can MIG weld and have it powdercoated, but I can't bend tube at home. Cool.

dieselbigot said:
ok...I'll play. Here's my POS. 87 w/ AXT, OME, ARB's, snorkle, 4.88's, 2.8 Tcase, 34" SSR's, bumpers, sliders, blah blah blah. This shot is sans my roof rack and rear bumper which are off for mods. Getting ready to head to Death Valley in March

Some POS ;) What happened to the rear carrier? Is it getting work done?

wesintl said:
Some POS ;) What happened to the rear carrier? Is it getting work done?

Yep, Lukes doing a little fine tuning on the rear bumper, swingout stops, crap like that...Then I'm modifying the roof rack to accept a roof tent

i saw that POS when it was still called the "pretty one" and when i saw it last it was still one of the nicest POS 70s i have seen...

ooops, i sit corrected, it was called 'the shiny one', my BJ74 was dubbed the "pretty one".....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom