Possible TX Stroker build. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So I’m looking at going all out with

I know you have all seen this thing many times over the last 15 years but does anyone know someone who has actually done it?

also if I purchase it do you know which shops Could actually do the install reliably? I know it will be more than the value of my rig to install it but I’m willing to spend it to have such a unique build.

i have a 97 lx450 with 2inch lift on 35s. I want to dump money into the drive train then interior then Exterior. Step by step. This is just a weekend toy I’m looking to restomod. No recs on engine swap please, not interested in that at all.

Thanks Guys

It would be unique and you'd certainly have premium parts in your engine. Are looking for more torque?

It would be unique and you'd certainly have premium parts in your engine. Are looking for more torque?
Not necessarily just torque but all around more performance both Hp and tq. Though I would never put it in a show I would want the rig at show level including the engine. I do wheel it hard at the moment and may still do so after it’s restored. Would be nice to keep the vehicle for my kid when older and pass it on.

Would it be better to go with the high compression bored motor from Robbie in Boulder? He has done many of them. Someone in Rising Sun in Denver has one. He was saying the HP/TQ is about the same as a supercharged 1FZ.

Also, why not one of them fancy new Turbos from that Wits End guy? If you wheel at elevation, a turbo is very very nice to have.

Would it be better to go with the high compression bored motor from Robbie in Boulder? He has done many of them. Someone in Rising Sun in Denver has one. He was saying the HP/TQ is about the same as a supercharged 1FZ.

Also, why not one of them fancy new Turbos from that Wits End guy? If you wheel at elevation, a turbo is very very nice to have.
This is the first I have heard of Robbie and would be interested to learn more. As for the turbo that would be great for driving across 70 in Colorado. But aren’t they a little ways off from completion? Thanks for the heads up on Robbie

I believe that Robbie's shop is Adventure offroad. As I understand it, he is very busy so it might take some time to get done. I would suggest just calling or emailing him.

Isn't @NLXTACY shipping the turbo kits now?

This is the first I have heard of Robbie and would be interested to learn more. As for the turbo that would be great for driving across 70 in Colorado. But aren’t they a little ways off from completion? Thanks for the heads up on Robbie

Robbie aka powderpig at adventure offroad has been around building 1fz foe 20 years and gets nothing but high praise.

And the turbo kits have been completed and shipping for a while now but maybor may not all be spoken for. @NLXTACY?

Yup. Been shipping for about two months now. Nearly half of all of the orders are at their new homes and I know of 8 that are installed and driving around. All new orders won't be shipping until very late Dec into January. I still gotta get caught up:

I believe that Robbie's shop is Adventure offroad. As I understand it, he is very busy so it might take some time to get done. I would suggest just calling or emailing him.

Isn't @NLXTACY shipping the turbo kits now?

And Robbie is in the process of moving his shop to Longmont. ...

Wow all great info, thank you guys. Let me review the turbo thread and likely place an order in the next few days. Again thank you off for the quick responses.

IH8mud satisfaction guaranteed :steer:

Man the turbo seems temping but at the moment I’m going to hunt for a shop that can handled the stroker build just to be one of a kind. I’ll start with dajda in north Richland hills since he’s only 40 min from my place. If you guys know of any shops please send them my way.

Dude talk to Robbie.

Man the turbo seems temping but at the moment I’m going to hunt for a shop that can handled the stroker build just to be one of a kind. I’ll start with dajda in north Richland hills since he’s only 40 min from my place. If you guys know of any shops please send them my way.

Why not give Brian Crower a call and see who they suggest? If you do I'd speak to either Brian directly or Dustin (his right hand man). I think you'll find that most of those kits they produce go oversea's and end up in sleeved 1FZ turbo'd drag motors as I understand that's a popular thing and they make a obscene amount of power!

Both? :grinpimp:

Ok kidding (mostly) but id make sure its still driveable/useable power based on your intended use.

Yeah I will def make sure it’s not a 1600hp beast before pulling the trigger. I guess I should have the engine bay painted while the motor is out too huh?

Nick,
We can definitely find you builder but we have a few options on the kit. What are your HP and RPM goals? Are you staying NA or going forced induction?
Typical gains with the stroker kit are 80-90 HP with an equivalent amount of torque and anything you do beyond this will only enhance the performance. You will not lose drivability at all with the increased displacement.

Thank you,

Dustin Spencer
-------
Brian Crower, Inc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom