portable electric jack (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Check out this portable electric jack. It's around $100 bucks. Would you guys use this?

I’m not trying to talk down on it, but I can’t think of a use case where I’d prefer the electric jack.

At home, I’d rather use a floor jack that can lift the vehicle in a matter of seconds.

In the road, I’d rather use the screw type jack that comes with the truck and is tucked away nicely and safely in order to not have the electric jack taking up space and acting as a missile in the event of a collision.

My 2 cents.

Check out this portable electric jack. It's around $100 bucks. Would you guys use this?

Im waiting for Dewalt to come out with one that will use my existing batteries.

Would you guys use this?

No. I have a great garage jack, and the screw-type provided with the vehicle, neither of which are difficult to use. I personally can’t see how this would improve anything about working on my vehicle.

Not for me. Where to store the thing would make it a PITA floating around the trunk. Unless this is for home, where I prefer a traditional floor jack.

Honestly, having used jacks a number of times off-road for friends tires (score card 4 KO2s so far) on various rigs, the stock Toyota jack is great. Has the best lift height and lift range (really important for slinky suspensioned vehicles with lots of travel) of all the jacks in the group. Easy to use. Super compact and lightweight, staying out of the way until needed.

the stock Toyota jack is great. Has the best lift height and lift range (really important for slinky suspensioned vehicles with lots of travel) of all the jacks in the group. Easy to use. Super compact and lightweight, staying out of the way until needed.

This.

All fair points. Thought it may be a time saver to fix a flat on the side of the highway.

A big time saver with the stock jack is to have a cordless drill with a chuck big enough for the jacking handle rod. It won’t actually lift the vehicle but it can take up all the slack from stowed to about to lift very quickly.

How about this

IMG_2157.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom