2009 LX570- Electrics, Control Module, Poltergeist? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello all- I have a beautiful 2009 LX 570, just about to hit 350,000km. So far it has been a fantastic car, taking us from deep desert trips in Oman and UAE to the mountains of the French Alps. It is a phenomenal car.

I have had problems brewing for a few years. I shipped the car from Dubai to France- it went great, but I noticed that operating in very cold (sub zero) environments the stereo had a 'speaker crackle' and some of the normal electronics did not work properly- for example, the headlights would stay on after I switched the engine off, without the normal warning alarm, and some of the dashboard displays did not illuminate (for example, the cold weather warning/3deg C ...)

Now, on a very wet day in England, the fog lights have come on while the car is sitting, engine off, in my driveway. There are various permutations that allow me to switch these off, but they seem to come on spontaneously. I'm now thinking I need to pull my head out of, um, the sand and get this fixed.

My guess is that there has been an ingress of water or moisture into the ECM/BCM and this is affecting various operations. I have chatted to a few enthusiastic amateurs and they have suggested things like blocked drain vents from the sunroof, and a range of other things. Any top tips from the brain trust here? And any ideas on what to do to restore normal function?

Thanks!

Rory

Definitely sounds like water intrusion. You can pull up the door sills and kick panels and see if water has been collecting on the body harness. Another place to check is under the cowl that covers the windshield wipers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom