1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

por-15 or equal

Discussion in '60-Series Wagons' started by hammer1, Jul 19, 2005.

1. hammer1

hammer1

has anyone devised a better way to apply this material to the frame?
    with the annual rust-maintainence im doing, i see i need to attack the rear frame a bit. i plan on wire-brushing off what i can.
    then i planne in getting a spritzer bottle, like the one used to mist plants, and filling it with the por-15, or whatever.
    any ideas?
    hammer

210 k
    new ps pump
    sagging front seat
    ( truck, not me)

2. nikos8

nikos8

I don't know if that will work. POR-15 might be too viscus for the spritzer bottle but the truth is I never tried it that way. If you do try it let us know how it worked out.

3. hodag

hodag

Ive used RustBullet on a tub and it worked great. Dont know about spraying it though. I think ZeroRust can be thinned and sprayed through an HVLP gun, but not for sure. You might want to do some research, RustBullet advertises here, and has an account for PMs.

Hodag

4. Corbet

Corbet Speski OffRoad LTD. Supporting Vendor

POR can be thinned with special thinner from them. Why not just brush it on? Don't forget to do all the prep required from POR or you will be wasting your time with the POR paint.

5. Fearnofish!

Fearnofish!

I am planning the same thing. Por-15 store has these daubers that are a wool puff on the end of a long twisted wire. I bet that they will get pretty nasty in a hurry. My dilema is how to treat the inside of the frame. I guess pressure wash it out then squirt in the degreaser?