Builds Poppy- '84 FJ60 (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here I am unloading crap left and right and scraping anything that might be scrap in a few weeks...

ANDREA............ comes to me today and says "I want to get this to help with door panels, and Piggie firewall blankets and... and ... and..." HA! too funny.

Consew 205RB

M_4357_cn2205RB-1.jpg

What, not one of these.....

Amazon.com: TOYOTA Heavy-Duty Metal Interior FSG325 (FSG 325) Sewing Machine with 25 Built-In Stitches

Wow! I figured you where a pretty awesome and giving person.
You are doing some great things there Jason.
Keep up the good work.
Technical skills and classes are so needed in our schools!

Forgive the pics above.. Poppy is at Toyota so I had to dig a door out of the sheetmetal pile. Bolts were whatever I pulled out of a shoebox of hardware.... HEE HEE!

Andrea and I went to my cruiser storage locker today to decide what will go to the dump, scrap, classifieds or to the new shop... JESUS CHRIST I HAVE A PROBLEM!!..... MY NAME IS JASON......:bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang:

She had to have said 50 times today... "It'll be ok... you can buy more..." My response at least 5 times was... "YES I KNOW... BUT I WANT ALL OF IT TOO!"

J

Is the raised lip on the OE gasket from being pressed for years or is it actually formed that way?

PM incoming by the way :)

So, another thing discussed today was the addition to 1 if not 2 more companies. One for all the aftermarket items, RTTs etc... and then another for the trailers (this way I can file for an actual mfg license from the DOT in the new state of residence)

J

I cannot stress enough how amazing it would have been to even have a shop/machine/tooling class in high school would have been.

Mentorships by yourself & others are what this country was built on.

I was lucky to figure this out after several failed attempts of work(overwork) abuse for no pay and grunt work. Seeking out individuals like yourself's; extremely versed in the trade, willing to teach, and understanding the learning curve.

Australia in particular has some of best programs you speak of. Trades that will make that country go round; plumbing, carpentry, welding, and even surfboard building. I had my best experiences there. All inline with curriculum & students (high schoolers) have the ability to further themselves in speciality schools once they complete k-12.

All I can say is that MUD is that place too! Teens like myself 12 years ago pick & file so many discussions on this forum while mentors like yourself & so many others teach the class.

It's a pretty awesome class to be apart of. Please don't stop preaching because we(the world) wants to learn!

Thanks @woody for providing the outlet.

Hella nice!!

Euro mirrors gaskets are picked up, install checked.

80 Duro EPDM UV Mil Spec material. These are die cut (NOT HAND CUT!!) I had a die made to cut these.

15$ a pair shipped. The supplier made me a deal, so I will pass it along.

J

I'll take a pair of gaskets when you ship my B Pillar Covers. My mind can only run amuck thinking what you might have in your "Cruiser Storage Locker" he he

I agree. I wish there was a shop class at my high school. My step dad doesn't have the patience to teach me how to use his tools. :ban:

I cannot stress enough how amazing it would have been to even have a shop/machine/tooling class in high school would have been.

Mentorships by yourself & others are what this country was built on.

I was lucky to figure this out after several failed attempts of work(overwork) abuse for no pay and grunt work. Seeking out individuals like yourself's; extremely versed in the trade, willing to teach, and understanding the learning curve.

Australia in particular has some of best programs you speak of. Trades that will make that country go round; plumbing, carpentry, welding, and even surfboard building. I had my best experiences there. All inline with curriculum & students (high schoolers) have the ability to further themselves in speciality schools once they complete k-12.

All I can say is that MUD is that place too! Teens like myself 12 years ago pick & file so many discussions on this forum while mentors like yourself & so many others teach the class.

It's a pretty awesome class to be apart of. Please don't stop preaching because we(the world) wants to learn!

Thanks @woody for providing the outlet.

Agree with all you said. No shop class option where I grew up. Hell Ive been looking around these parts for an adult ed class to learn some basic welding and having a hard time finding anything like that. If I could go back in time I would encourage my teachers in the 80's to perhaps prioritize teaching some practical skills. Instead of that "home economics" class where I learned how to bake a cake... I wish I was joking

Agree with all you said. No shop class option where I grew up. Hell Ive been looking around these parts for an adult ed class to learn some basic welding and having a hard time finding anything like that. If I could go back in time I would encourage my teachers in the 80's to perhaps prioritize teaching some practical skills. Instead of that "home economics" class where I learned how to bake a cake... I wish I was joking

I took Home-Ec in the 7-9th grade. Then wasn't allowed to from 10-12 grade... GIRLS ONLY CLASS... I could always cook because of my mom and grandmothers. But, I still know how to sew pretty well because of those classes.

My first sewing project in the 7th grade ended with one sleeve longer than the other and one extra button hole??? I think I still have it somewhere.

J

:rolleyes: Found a box of little pieces. I wonder how many of these pieces I've ordered over the past few 60 builds while these were just sitting on the shelf...

Door weatherstrip, marker lights, PCV, grommets, park wires, wiper caps and head covers...

No telling what all is going to be uncovered.

J

SAM_1222.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom