PNW New Mud Member, Just Snagged 1987 FJ60 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Looks like a nice find and very reasonable price, times being what they are. Without all the discussion, I would have thought the leather being factory very doubtful. Dealer addon seems more likely, or simply aftermarket. Been around 60s a while now a s never saw anything like it. I dig it.

Fyi 60 and 62 front bumpers are different. Anything reasonable can be made to work, but not a straight bolt on.

Welcome to the party, 'mud style. :flipoff2:

Last edited:
That’s a really nice find and very fair price. As @ylexot said, 60’s did not come from the factory that way. Sunroofs were typically dealer installed. Could get either a retractable one or a pop-up. Leather could be dealer but also could have been port/distributor installed. I picked up a 62 years ago (my brother has it now) that had power installed leather (Gulfstates in Houston). It looked a lot like 80 leather but on the 60 seat frames. Congratulations on a great find.

For those comments on the interior, I started a thread trying to just get listed the various FJ60 Trim Codes with photos and listed mine with photos to kick it off---wups, not the best idea. I shoulda just started a conversation about my particular interior, cuz that's what it evolved into: FJ60 Trim Code List - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/fj60-trim-code-list.1243646/post-13695170

The point I'm trying to make is; we don't know really anything about the interior until the very unusual Trim Code F01.1 (mine) is translated. The 1st owner family I bought it from swear on a stack of bibles that it was ordered that way from the factory by the father-in-law. I don't have any real opinion either way, other than I kinda like it. Here's the Trim Codes....

My Engine Bay Trim Codes.jpg

Congrats!

If your in/around Seattle area. Check out the Seattle Cruiserheads meet ups are the second Tuesday of the month. 60 crowd is pretty deep and always looking for more to drink the Kool Aid.

-Dave
Thanks for the tip! I'm about an hour north but my 60 isn't driveable right now (seats out, waiting for my carpet set), I'll keep that in mind. Does Cruiserheads have a website?

It's a rare FJ60 King Ranch! search "DNP" for a nice loop carpet kit. Only hard part for you is to decide if you want a brown or grey carpet!
Heh, King Ranch, good. Yup, I ordered a dnp carpet set in grey, 'cuz the rest of the interior is grey. I sure wish (if turns out true) the origional owner had ordered the rest of the interior in brown, wouldn't have that brown leather-dark grey interior colour clash.

+1 on @dnp carpets. Simply the best available at the price these days. Just installed some myself and the difference is night and day. Chance to sound proof as well
Good to hear that, mine should be here next week.

Nice find. That leather interior looks really cool. And I had no idea these could be had with a sunroof.
We're still not sure on that, I hope I can find out definitively in the future...

Looks like a nice find and very reasonable price, times being what they are. Without all the discussion, I would have thought the leather being factory very doubtful. Dealer addon seems more likely, or simply aftermarket. Been around 60s a while now a s never saw anything like it. I dig it.

Fyi 60 and 62 front bumpers are different. Anything reasonable can be made to work, but not a straight bolt on.

Welcome to the party, 'mud style. :flipoff2:
Thanks & thanks for the tip--damn, I had hoped it was a bolt-on.

That’s a really nice find and very fair price. As @ylexot said, 60’s did not come from the factory that way. Sunroofs were typically dealer installed. Could get either a retractable one or a pop-up. Leather could be dealer but also could have been port/distributor installed. I picked up a 62 years ago (my brother has it now) that had power installed leather (Gulfstates in Houston). It looked a lot like 80 leather but on the 60 seat frames. Congratulations on a great find.
Thanks. Makes sense, but I'm still wondering what the Trim Code F01.1 means. That wouldn't be done by a dealer/port/distributor that I understand.

Thanks. Makes sense, but I'm still wondering what the Trim Code F01.1 means. That wouldn't be done by a dealer/port/distributor that I understand.
This is a really good point. I will look at my brothers trim code next time I see his truck. If ordered with leather would seem the distributor would have done the conversion. Hard to say as it was 30+ years ago. Copying Monroy @fl4031003 he’s worked for Gulf States for many decades and is really knowledgeable on things like this. Jeff, if you see this you need to read from the first post on.

This is a really good point. I will look at my brothers trim code next time I see his truck. If ordered with leather would seem the distributor would have done the conversion. Hard to say as it was 30+ years ago. Copying Monroy @fl4031003 he’s worked for Gulf States for many decades and is really knowledgeable on things like this. Jeff, if you see this you need to read from the first post on.
Yeh, that's it--the distributor wouldn't stamp the plate--nor the dealer or port.

Can you take a few photos of the sunroof inside and outside a few interior pics different angles would be nice. I have one with a sunroof too but not sure if it was dealer installed or something.. Would like to have a compareison.

I want to find out if it is factory or dealer or what before taking more photos, describing further, etc. If it's all aftermarket and the PO lied in his butt, then that's where it should stay.

To the Toyota Universe: WHAT IS TRIM CODE F01.1 ?

Congrats!

If your in/around Seattle area. Check out the Seattle Cruiserheads meet ups are the second Tuesday of the month. 60 crowd is pretty deep and always looking for more to drink the Kool Aid.

-Dave
Thanks much Dave, I'm about an hour north and not going anywhere until I'm vaccinated (old fart), but will keep it in mind.

I want to find out if it is factory or dealer or what before taking more photos, describing further, etc. If it's all aftermarket and the PO lied in his butt, then that's where it should stay.

Correction: To the Toyota Universe: WHAT IS TRIM CODE FQ1.1 OR FQ11 ?

It's a rare FJ60 King Ranch! search "DNP" for a nice loop carpet kit. Only hard part for you is to decide if you want a brown or grey carpe
Heh, good one. Might be the 'Faux King Ranch' now....:rolleyes:

David has a carpet set coming to me, heard all good things about it.

That is port installed or dealer installed, TMS never had Leather as an option.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom