Pls help validate problem diagnosed by Dealer recommending combination switch replacement (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi All - would appreciate a second opinion on a diagnosis from my local Toyota dealer:

Everything was running smooth/fine with my LC100 and for sake good order i had some preventative maintenance done at the Dealer : timing belt (+tensioner, w pump) + new radiator, hoses, thermostat. Next day i had ATM flush done. Then a few days later after some short light driving i start getting 4 warning lights on the dash intermittently (VSC off, VSC/TRC, ABS and Red break warning).

I took it back to Dealer who diagnosed that the combination switch (aka cable sub assembly ) p/n 84306-060050 needed to be replaced. I felt the quote for the parts EUR 550, work 1.5 hrs a bit steep. Said i could continue driving at own risk and no real urgency to have the vehicle back asap

Now reading the fault codes myself i see:
- C0210 - rear RH speed sensor circuit
- C1223 - ABS control sys malfunction
- C1336 - zero point calibration of deceleration sensor undone

Just curious if it all adds up? And if so if you think the part replacement is easy enough self done - as i can source OEM part significantly cheaper than via Dealer. I see few posts on the Forum / internet how to reset 1336 - so open to try that first also.

PS: week and half later and the 4 dash warnings are staying on permanently with every trip now. Brakes and handling all feels normal still.

thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom