Please help!!!!: shipping questions (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
hello,
I have the opportunity to get a a parts cruiser for a great price, but the only problem is that it is 650 miles away and I can't seem to fing any affordable way to get to me. I live in Prescott, AZ and the cruiser is in Alpine, Ut. If I were to rent a U-haul truck it would cost about $600. Does anybody have any better ideas.

Thank you

IF you've got or have access to a suitable tow vehicle; ie a 3/4 ton 'burb, truck, etc, you can flat tow the thing back with a $100 tow bar, assuming it will roll. Take the drivelines off and Go, cat GO.
OR you could rent a tow dolly, take off the rear driveshaft, get the same tow vehicle...3/4 ton and GO, GO, GO.
Tha main reason I say 3/4 tom is the brakes, not the ability to pull it. I've flat towed my'40 with a Yukon and got pushed around when I put on the brakes, 'cause the cruiser didn't want to stop. Maybe it just didn't like that GMC fart it was sniffing.
Easy to drop driveshafts, and you should have a towbar anyway. Just have enough BRAKES!!!! Really. ;)

San Fran area to Atlanta $600. Middle Michigan to Atlanta $500. I would expect you can have it brought for $500 or so. Price depends a lot on location IE: can they PU other vehicles in the area? Go to google and get bids. Make sure your carrier has insurance and a delivery date.

I agree with degnol, I flat tow my 40 all over GA, mostly with a fullsize Bronco with 351 CI's of go juice :D Also towed with a 1/2 ton 'burb. That worked well too. I use the Smittybuilt tow bar from SOR, had a pro welder friend of mine install the brackets, its great!
That would easily be your cheapest option. I don't like the Uhaul dollies, weak and aren't "supposed" to go over 45.

Ya'outta have a tow bar anyway, really, about$100. Get it, got it, good. ;)
Only once have I had to call my wife any say " get the towbar and the'Burb and come get me" Broken points, last time, now HEI...could not be happier.
Wanna but a tow bar? Just kidding, may need it when I break something else.
GET A TOW BAR, do it, do it now...slowly ;)

would most definitly do the road trip, alpine is a cool litte town, and close to all the city s*** ya might need

I used a shipper from SLC that I was happy with. I'm not sure where the number is now, but look up PK transport or trucking or something like that...

HTH

Cardinal 87 FJ60

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom