Pictures of New 2024 Land Cruiser 78 V8 Diesel (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yep, same arrangement as the VD equipped 200s. It lowers the profile of the 200s and I think it may function better than a hood scoop but I don't know that for a fact.

Was able to make some pictures of a V8 2024 Troopy. The hood scoop is gone.

Perhaps I’m missing something. With the absence of the hood scoop, how is the top mount Intercooler “cooled”?

Perhaps I’m missing something. With the absence of the hood scoop, how is the top mount Intercooler “cooled”?
Just like the 200s, there are two blowmolded plastic duct catching air from the front at the top portion of the grill and channeling it back to the intercooler region. That is the reason the facelifted 200 series got that distinctive "double parallel humps" on their hoods to accommodate the added ducting (parallel to the truck)

Just like the 200s, there are two blowmolded plastic duct catching air from the front at the top portion of the grill and channeling it back to the intercooler region. That is the reason the facelifted 200 series got that distinctive "double parallel humps" on their hoods to accommodate the added ducting (parallel to the truck)
I assume some smart person determined that to be more efficient than the scoop alone. (although the scoop just looks cool 😊)

Maybe I missed it in the video but is it manual or auto? (The VDJ78)

Hello,

The duct setup is similar to that of the 95 Series Prado with the 1KZ engine. Not just the 200 Series.

I think the scoop looks better.

Juan

Hello,

The duct setup is similar to that of the 95 Series Prado with the 1KZ engine. Not just the 200 Series.

I think the scoop looks better.

Juan
Correct, this was not exclusive to the 200 Series. Prados and 300 Series got this.

I too am biased to the scoop look. Looks better. I think the ducting was probably just Toyota trying to soften or further domesticate the wagon style Landcruisers due to market pressure (GCC in particular, they do seem to have a problem wanting things to go both ways at times 😆)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom