PICS OF 60 WITH DAKAR AND 33"S PLEASE (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I've been daydreaming of what my rig ('87 fj60) will look like with the Dakar setup and 33"s. if anyone has some photos to help fuel my fantasy i'd appreciate it.
thanks in advance. :bounce:

afaik - it should look exactly the same as the regular OME w/ 33's. Look for a pic of pimp's blue 60 *it's sweeeet*.

rob

edit: also you might specify tire width - pimp's is a narrow 9.5", which i think looks nice. others have 12.5" wide tires.

yah, i was thinking the pizza cutter style 9.5's. not much sand where i live. would love to see some photo's.

Agreed, I think Pimps 60 is great. Do a search on here for it, there a few pics.

OME springs were dropped in price to match the Dakar springs. They wanted all the old OME's out so that we'd only have the Dakar's. The dakar's will take over almost everything... as far as leaf springs go anyway. YJ jeep's are next on the list...

wow. pimps got some rigs. all of these are good lookin trucks. maybe its the 33's but i was expecting the dakar to make it look a little more lifted. so if i understand it right, the springs lift it 2-3" and then you can use shackles to get another 1.5" out of it? am i right about this?

Thats correct, you can also go body lift or a spring over depending on your local laws but they require some other adjustments.

ARB over here said the OME is Australian made with more expensive BHP steel, and the Dakar is Malaysian made with any steel, but they are the same design and strength. It is cheaper to manufacture the dakar and people with 20 year old cars do not want to spend as much.

Remember that shackles only result in a lift = to 1/2 of the extra shackle length. A shackle that is 1.5" longer than stock results in a about a 3/4" lift.

Sheesh, there aren't nearly enough pictures in this thread... :)

Here's mine. It's an OME medium or heavy lift, I forget which. 33x12.5 tires and a 1" body lift. The XJ next to it had a 2" lift on it with 30s. It was tiny and cute, and now it lives in California someplace. :)
jeep-vs-fj60.jpg

nice rig weasel. so when i order my dakar setup do i need to specify which size shackels i want? and just to make sure i understand this... if i want to end up with 4" lift i would order the 2.5 springs along with shackles that are 3" more than stock? right? 2.5+(1/2 x 3)= 4"

That's correct.

If you're getting a complete Dakar kit, be sure you're a stickler about what is being sent, and when.

It has been a painful eight week experience for me trying to get my Dakar lift kit on. I'm still waiting on parts!

If you get delayed responses when ordering your kit, it's a sure sign of things to come.

2 weeks after OME installed, still running 29" street tires:

before33s.jpg

An hour later, new 33's, still looks pretty tall. It's settled about 1.5" since then (2.5 years, 12,000 miles) :

during tire install:
during33s.jpg

after tire install:
after33s.jpg

dirtyrackfloor.jpg

Flexing in my front yard:
posersquare.jpg

thats a real good lookin truck. thanks for the pics. just the way i want mine to look when i'm done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom