Peter's Mill/Tasker's Gap Trail Workday Saturday, March 13, 2021 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

StaleAle

MUD-aholic
SILVER Star
Threads
All -

The Washington Trail Riders will be having their annual trail clean-up workday on Saturday, March 13, 2021. As usual, they will gather in the Edinburgh Gap Parking Lot at 9:30 9:00am. This is good time for the CLCC to get out and take care of our Adopted Trail. The trails are closed to he public so you will get a special permission letter from the Ranger to carry with you in the vehicle. USFS Volunteers are not charged the daily access fee. as long as you are part of an organized Volunteer work activity.

You need only bring warm clothes, heavy work gloves, boots, water and snacks. It usually takes us 4 hours to do the 7 miles of trail, depending how many workers there are and if we are refreshing blazes.

If you have them, bring a shovel, loppers, and trash bags. If you are USFS Chainsaw certified, bring your cert card, saw and safety gear. If you are not certified, please leave the power tools at home (this includes electric saws).

Attachments

• EdinburgGap.pdf
    773.9 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:
I'll try to be there

Im not going to make it. I’m going to be working on the 40 if anyone wants to stop by and help!

or just point and make fun!

I'm no longer in the club, but if that doesn't matter I will help out on Saturday. I thought I could put my Sawyer/Bucker training to use from this weekend, however a cpr/first aid cert is required. If someone knows of one this week by chance, then I can help in that manner as well otherwise extra set of hands.

I'm no longer in the club, but if that doesn't matter I will help out on Saturday. I thought I could put my Sawyer/Bucker training to use from this weekend, however a cpr/first aid cert is required. If someone knows of one this week by chance, then I can help in that manner as well otherwise extra set of hands.

use something like this:

CPR & First Aid Certification Class $14.95 | Online CPR & First Aid Training - https://www.nationalcprfoundation.com/courses/standard-cpr-aed-first-aid/

Just to sweeten the deal there BBQ that is usually served by Wa trail riders makes the work worth it.
Well worth the trip!

My brother is bringing his own vehicle and hasn't joined our club yet. If that's an issue, please let me know.

My brother is bringing his own vehicle and hasn't joined our club yet. If that's an issue, please let me know.
Is it a respectable vehicle?
It ain’t no HEEP is it?

I’m sure it will be fine.
But I have no authority within this club!

All Volunteers are welcome, CLCC Members in good standing or not, everyone who shows up to work at a Trail Workday is a CLCC Member. Here is the letter of Authorization that each person needs to have with them, with personal ID. I will have 5 copies with me if anyone forgets to print theirs.

See you guys there!

Attachments

• TrailAccessMarch-April2021.pdf
    274.2 KB · Views: 64
PLEASE NOTE: THE GATES WILL BE OPENED AT 9:00AM!

We will head up the trail at 9:30-9:45am, after clearing the culverts at the Edinburgh Gap parking lot. Peter's Mill Trail starts across the street from the entrance to the Edinburgh Gap parking lot. Watch the traffic when crossing the road! If you arrive late, you will probably catch up to us on the trail.

A rake, mulch fork and a leaf blower might be useful to clear out the culverts and move leaves to the downhill side if you have any of these tools.

All Volunteers are welcome, CLCC Members in good standing or not, everyone who shows up to work at a Trail Workday is a CLCC Member. Here is the letter of Authorization that each person needs to have with them, with personal ID. I will have 5 copies with me if anyone forgets to print theirs.

See you guys there!
Don’t understand “.... is CLCC member”

Sorry, yes BBQ will be catered

Had a good time! Pleasure seeing @MyLandy and brother as well as @Stale Ale

7CAC430A-50BA-4560-B15A-BF5C32DD1463.jpeg

C557AE19-669B-44E6-89B1-648E309F7968.jpeg

Great Day Guys! Thanks for coming out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom