Payette Draw pictures from today's run (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

teh swaybar carnage was a kind of a fluke?? I didn't know they were so vulnerable??

Only when you disconnect one side and then flex it. :D

-Spike

Pulled everything apart tonight. Turns out the a/c dryer didn't give out, the line from the dryer to the condensor got pinched and split. Everything will be back together tomorrow once I pick up a Tundra dryer and line. Heat wrench helped straighten the sway bar tonight. Total bill for parts...about $50.

You STRAIGHTENED the sway bar? Wow. Get a knowledgeable opinion on whether or not that will be safe to use. On second thought, the worst it can do is fail, so what the heck? :D

-Spike

Heat wrench helped straighten the sway bar tonight. ...

I would look for a good used sway-bar. They are a torsion bar, heat changes spring steel, most often softening it, so it's no longer a spring.

She did - maybe it was so easy she forgot?

guess so :whoops:

honestly, all I recall is my first intuition to go right around it - hey, if I went over it easy, it sure wasn't an obstacle :flipoff2:

guess so :whoops:

honestly, all I recall is my first intuition to go right around it - hey, if I went over it easy, it sure wasn't an obstacle :flipoff2:

You didn't try to split the obstacle with one wheel up on the ledge and one wheel down, you just put both over the ledge and climbed up:steer::cool:. The FJC would have needed to use the front skid/bumper for that angle of approach.

Thanks guys, I have never been able to crawl it. I've seen 2 people crawl it before. one guy on 39.5" sticky crawlers and another guy in a Hendrix/Toyota buggy on 38" Swamper SX's

Heating a swaybar is bad news. maybe no damage but loss of spring and therefore no more anti-sway????? Someone around here has to have a good used one for ya?

I didn't realize it was disco'd on one side???? that explains it.

As far away from being in the beautiful outdoors, enjoying a nice trail with good friends as possible...I had to work the holiday weekend straight through up here in Vegas. Soooooo while you guys were getting seat time on Payette, I was getting seat time here (where I am still sitting):

I knew that, but you asked to get flamed.:doh::flipoff2:

Heat wrench helped straighten the sway bar tonight...

No worries, the bar is in the scrap pile :hillbilly:.

That flame didn't take long!

Dang, I was hoping to wheel with you with the 'modified' sway bar. Would have been cool if it had memory instead of spring- lift a wheel, and the wheel stays lifted. :D

-Spike

It was really great to meet all of you & we look forward to hitting a trail with you again.

Sandy & Donovan
(blue FJ)

I want to thank everyone for a really cool wheeling trip. The CSC crew rocks the trails
I have a few pics to share
A very good attempt at the last big legde before the falls

puulboy-albums-payette-draw-08-30-08-picture1974-payette-draw0476.jpg

always nice to have a few 40's in the mix
puulboy-albums-payette-draw-08-30-08-picture1972-payette-draw0384.jpg

8Ball trying his luck
puulboy-albums-payette-draw-08-30-08-picture1975-payette-draw0497.jpg

Dawg makin it look easy
puulboy-albums-payette-draw-08-30-08-picture1983-payette-draw0353.jpg

Just making sure I can still stretch
puulboy-albums-payette-draw-08-30-08-picture1985-payette-draw0417.jpg

Nice climb
puulboy-albums-payette-draw-08-30-08-picture1971-payette-draw0214.jpg

Before you say anything about the toy pulling the jeep....
puulboy-albums-payette-draw-08-30-08-picture1976-payette-draw0518.jpg

carnage chapter 1
A/C line
puulboy-albums-payette-draw-08-30-08-picture1987-payette-draw0523.jpg

Turnabout is fair play
I believe this guy was with the LD wheelers
puulboy-albums-payette-draw-08-30-08-picture1977-payette-draw0543.jpg

Carnage Chapter 2 rear sway bar twisted
puulboy-albums-payette-draw-08-30-08-picture1978-payette-draw0552.jpg

puulboy-albums-payette-draw-08-30-08-picture1980-payette-draw0272.jpg

I look forward to the next adventure
Thanks
Don
Can any of you see my pictures?? I went to someone elses computer to show them the ppics of this run and mine werent showing up but they show up on my computer what gives here??

Can any of you see my pictures?? I went to someone elses computer to show them the ppics of this run and mine werent showing up but they show up on my computer what gives here??

I can see them just fine.

It was really great to meet all of you & we look forward to hitting a trail with you again.

Sandy & Donovan
(blue FJ)

Where in Buckeye do you live? We live in Estrella....you may have seen one of our trucks around.

Where in Buckeye do you live? We live in Estrella....you may have seen one of our trucks around.

We live in Rainbow Valley, western foothills by you. We have the blue FJ w/ silver stickers all over it.

What are you in?

I can see them too Don, they look great!

We live in Rainbow Valley, western foothills by you. We have the blue FJ w/ silver stickers all over it.

What are you in?

I have the black 80 from my sig...and also a yellow FJ with mtr's. I have seen you around from time to time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom