Payette Draw pictures from today's run (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Great looking early 70s FJ40 somewhere in the NW valley w/ a shiny khaki (if not darker) paintjob.. Guy was prolly in his 50s.. :)

More Pyeatte Draw pictures
IMG_0328 (Medium).JPG
IMG_0330 (Medium).JPG
IMG_0331 (Medium).JPG

Is there a bypass around that waterfall? That looks flat a** nasty..

Is there a bypass around that waterfall? That looks flat a** nasty..

Yes, you can easily bypass the whole trail or most any section, a road parallels it, so it's a pick your poison type trail.

OK, I am at a loss here. First I though that the FJC just was stretchin out for a good pic opportunity, bu now I see the strap to claudia, and I dont know what is happening. Was he pullin on cladia? Was the strap to claudia to keep him from rolling? ? ?
I know this will probably get me flamed for not being there myself to know the scoop....

attachment.php

Being at the back of the pack, I didn't see it either, but Claudia tells me she did the pulling...:hmm: :D

He high centered it on the ledge. Claudia pulled him down. :eek:
Oh, yeah...where the :censor: were you.:flipoff2:

the FJC was rambling along just fine in front of me when he was struck by the spirit, and so was his driving - really, I could see him get giddy inside the cab from behind :lol:

well, a minute, he high centered on his slider, and then, the skidplate also got stuck on that ledge - no going, even with helper rocks

so, he had to take the strap and be yanked back ;p

and no, although tempted, I did not try that ledge myself :flipoff2:

She did - maybe it was so easy she forgot?

Oh, yeah...where the :censor: were you.:flipoff2:

As far away from being in the beautiful outdoors, enjoying a nice trail with good friends as possible...I had to work the holiday weekend straight through up here in Vegas. Soooooo while you guys were getting seat time on Payette, I was getting seat time here (where I am still sitting):
office Pic.jpg

Nope, it's a leash, tied to Spike, in an attempt to keep him under control!;p:lol:

It also looks like Ben was trying to reenact one of the Strongman competitions where they pull the trucks down the street wlile being strapped to the bumpers.
Truck pull-Strongman,truckpull,strength,athletics Video Search - The Best Strongman,truckpull,strength,athletics video search engineer, you can search and download the hottest Strongman,truckpull,strength,athletics videos through leechvideo.com
spike.jpg
spike2.jpg

That pic is hilarious when you look at it like that. :D

'Yep, I had to strap a 40 off an obstacle. Tow point? I use a harness...'

-Spike

I be the proud owner of the slightly trail modified 80 in the above pics. I was out there with another group this weekend.

After being told that the 80 wouldn't make it through the trail, and then again being told it wouldn't make it through the Filter, I figured there was nothing left but the Waterfall to try. Didn't mind the bumper carnage since it was pretty tattered after other runs already. Smashed dryer sucks though. Rear sway bar was my fault for only disconnecting one side, and not removing it completely. Oh well, trying is half the fun, right? Nothing that can't be fixed!

Thanks to everyone who helped tug and wrench at the end:cheers:

Kerry

Dude I am sorry about the carnage on your rig. I had no idea the dryer was right there??

teh swaybar carnage was a kind of a fluke?? I didn't know they were so vulnerable??

Here's a vid of one of a successful attempt earlier that day;

YouTube - Symon623 on Pyeatt Draw 8'08

Dude I am sorry about the carnage on your rig. I had no idea the dryer was right there??

teh swaybar carnage was a kind of a fluke?? I didn't know they were so vulnerable??

Here's a vid of one of a successful attempt earlier that day;

YouTube - Symon623 on Pyeatt Draw 8'08

I was sitting right there during this video...He made it look very easy:steer::beer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom