Payette Draw pictures from today's run (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

...I wanted to see a 80 ascend the waterfall...

Broke front bumper, broke/discharged AC, hung on right rear control arm bracket, strap, mangled swaybar. Reasonable entertainment value from across the wash :grinpimp:.

Broke front bumper, broke/discharged AC, hung on right rear control arm bracket, strap, mangled swaybar. Reasonable entertainment value from across the wash :grinpimp:.

Michael, I don't recognize that rig. At first I thought it was Brittan or Alvin due to the rhino lined sides. Who was that? Sounds like it was fun :wrench: ing after the ascent though!:hillbilly:

Michael, I don't recognize that rig. At first I thought it was Brittan or Alvin due to the rhino lined sides. Who was that? Sounds like it was fun :wrench: ing after the ascent though!:hillbilly:

After having to winch on the big ledge before the waterfall (see post #2) I was done...Who else made it up that ledge? I sustained some damage on the kick panel just in front of the rear left tire...motivation to get the sliders done...but winching was my only option. I should have backed off after my second attempt but...

I talked to the guy with the other white rino'd 80...We had met before at a cruiser meet...I want to say his name is Kerry? He was running with a group of Heeps and Toy's. I think he was leading the group. Sorry to hear he sustained damage.

Thanks Brittan, now im giddy as a school girl with small tires and a lowered cruiser with a fancy bumper I bent up. One day i'll step up into the Big Leagues!!:)

more pics

I want to thank everyone for a really cool wheeling trip. The CSC crew rocks the trails
I have a few pics to share
A very good attempt at the last big legde before the falls

puulboy-albums-payette-draw-08-30-08-picture1974-payette-draw0476.jpg

always nice to have a few 40's in the mix
puulboy-albums-payette-draw-08-30-08-picture1972-payette-draw0384.jpg

8Ball trying his luck
puulboy-albums-payette-draw-08-30-08-picture1975-payette-draw0497.jpg

Dawg makin it look easy
puulboy-albums-payette-draw-08-30-08-picture1983-payette-draw0353.jpg

Just making sure I can still stretch
puulboy-albums-payette-draw-08-30-08-picture1985-payette-draw0417.jpg

Nice climb
puulboy-albums-payette-draw-08-30-08-picture1971-payette-draw0214.jpg

Before you say anything about the toy pulling the jeep....
puulboy-albums-payette-draw-08-30-08-picture1976-payette-draw0518.jpg

carnage chapter 1
A/C line
puulboy-albums-payette-draw-08-30-08-picture1987-payette-draw0523.jpg

Turnabout is fair play
I believe this guy was with the LD wheelers
puulboy-albums-payette-draw-08-30-08-picture1977-payette-draw0543.jpg

Carnage Chapter 2 rear sway bar twisted
puulboy-albums-payette-draw-08-30-08-picture1978-payette-draw0552.jpg

puulboy-albums-payette-draw-08-30-08-picture1980-payette-draw0272.jpg

I look forward to the next adventure
Thanks
Don

Great pics all, thanks for sharing..
Hey,
attachment.php

Were you stopped on the bridge on Grand and about 114th mid week? I couldn't stop w/ wife and babies at the time, but noticed you a ways off..

Hey,
attachment.php

Were you stopped on the bridge on Grand and about 114th mid week? I couldn't stop w/ wife and babies at the time, but noticed you a ways off..

if you are thinking of the blue FJC, I dunno

if you mean the beige 40: unlikely I guess; Mark does not currently have it registered, he rented a trailer to get it to Payson - now that is dedication to wheel with CSC :cheers:

I only took some poser pics:rolleyes: (camera phone)...

We had a great time. I wish I could have hung in w/ the group through the Filter and onto the Waterfall. But my buddy in the Nissan had to split. We hurried up to the waterfall to see some of the Mini's and that "Army" heep run the ledge then drove back to camp.

For those of you that maybe passed my truck about 15 mi. north of Fountain hills, it was dead with a f-ed up carburetor. Jeff and I drove up there and rebuilt it today and I finally got it home about 4pm...Good times.

Thanks to all for the spotting and occasional rock stacking.

If anybody gets an wild hair to go back up to Payette, I would definitely return!
083008_1256[00].jpg
083008_1300[00].jpg
083008_1256[02].jpg

Last edited:
You guys had a great time.

Thanks for all the great pics for us web wheelers stuck at home.

Looks like you had great weather too.

Payette is such a cool trail. Looks like it was fairly wet.

Yes, twas the beige 40.. :cheers:

I be the proud owner of the slightly trail modified 80 in the above pics. I was out there with another group this weekend.

After being told that the 80 wouldn't make it through the trail, and then again being told it wouldn't make it through the Filter, I figured there was nothing left but the Waterfall to try. Didn't mind the bumper carnage since it was pretty tattered after other runs already. Smashed dryer sucks though. Rear sway bar was my fault for only disconnecting one side, and not removing it completely. Oh well, trying is half the fun, right? Nothing that can't be fixed!

Thanks to everyone who helped tug and wrench at the end:cheers:

Kerry

Once the rr control arm bracket hit, it unloaded the right rear tire, so you got no more help from the corner where you needed it most. :frown: But it's easy to quarterback that from across the wash...:cool:

Yes, twas the beige 40.. :cheers:

Nope not I... as Claudia mentioned, I currently don't have valid tags. Not that it keeps me from driving it for short distances on the pavement, though... :eek:

EDIT: It's TAN not beige...:rolleyes:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom