Parting a running 88 FJ62 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just got a decent land cruiser that I'm probably gonna be parting out. Would love to flip it for $1500 but if I can't do that i'll part it. Clear PA title. Let me know if there is anything specific you'd be interested in.
It’s a running 88 FJ62, 167K on the odometer. It’s that metallic champagne color with a brown interior. Has rust on the lower edges, but the doors, tailgate and liftgate are very solid. Hood has one rust spot at the front lip. Roof is excellent. Starts, runs and drives, check engine light comes on and 4WD indicator light stays illuminated. Sounds like the vac solenoids aren’t working properly. Manual shift lever for the HI/N/LO function works fine. Fuel injected 3FE engine sounds good, no smoke and no bad noises but has a substantial oil leak. Transmission seems to work fine. Exhaust looks serviceable. Glass is good. This thing doesn’t have power windows, door locks, or mirrors. Has the manual 62 style large mirrors they’re kinda hard to find. Interior is pretty decent in fact the door panels and cargo panels are really nice. Dash is really nice. Dash and underhood are original and unmolested and the original stereo is in place and works. Power antenna even goes up and down. Wipers work slow fast and intermittent, heater fan works, rear wiper not working. Brakes work fine. Has the rear seat shoulder belts, too. Tires and wheels are in pretty good shape. Both bumpers are in very good shape. Best to email me with particulars shmukter@pa.metrocast.net

photo 2.JPG
photo 4.JPG
photo 5.jpg

Holy survivor that is a rare breed. Rear belts AND poverty pack? Cool. That thing is begging for second chance. If I weren't left coast...man doesn't someone want to rock it as is??? Cmon, mud...

That, right there, is the motor for someone's FJ60 or FJ40. A great find.

Body looks toast. You guys have some serious rust problems.

How much for the complete transfercase? (I already bought one from you, this would be #2!) If you decide to part it, keep me in mind.

If you were closer, I'd consider the front axle, the t-case and maybe the motor for my FJ60. A decent low mile runner would be perfect.

By coal region, how far from Centralia are you? I have family in Danville if you know where that is. My mom grew up in a tiny town near there-Berwick. I have family scattered all over that area from Harrisburg to Allentown to Danville to New Tripoli. Wife's family is from Altoona(?sp?). True story-my many great Grandfather, emigrated to that area in 1698. His son was killed in an Indian raid in 1702. His farm is still in the family, and I'm part (small part) owner of the bank in New Tripoli, which my great grandfather helped to found. Love that part of the world but have not been there for decades.

Come out to the Coal Mine Cruiser Classic and I guarantee you we'll show you a good time.

sent you a PM

vultures! dibs on gauge panel and dash center bezel...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom