Packin' a glass pack…muffler... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So my cheapo no-name muffler has a huge hole in the bottom of it. Looks like moisture must have been pooling there and ate through the thin metal. Or maybe just exhaust goo is the culprit. Anyhow, it sounds fantastic…but I'm starting to get headaches and a sore throat from the exhaust coming into the cab, and who knows what kind of cancers. I've had this no name glass pack sitting in my barn for 20 years at least. And since I'm cheap, poor, dumb, and hate wasting stuff, was thinking of switching this glass pack for the damaged muffler that's on there now… I've read some posts on here about glass packs both pro and con, the con mostly about noise levels…and the pro…mostly about noise levels. As I said, I'm dumb, and the roar of my engine still gives me thrills. Will this muffler do a bit of muffling, but not too too much, and at the same time chaperone the exhaust gases to the correct exit door? Any comments, pro and/or con?

The pipes seem to be in fine shape as they are of a lot sturdier construction than the muffler itself.

Oh, and which was is the correct orientation for installation? The small end as input and the larger opening as output?

glass pack 2.jpg

glass pack 3.jpg

glass pack1.jpg

Most of those old Cherry Bomb mufflers had an arrow stamped onto the body to show which way the exhaust flows.

I would have thought but no arrow on this one...

I'm more impressed by the fact you're wearing thongs in MA, sproggy.

do it , ive never been much on noise from exhaust, the hum of 34 x 9.5 super swampers is enough to drowned out the radio, but just put a thrush muffler on ,straight pipe off a header, sounds like a healhy v8 . fun

Cool, thanks all. I'm gonna do it and then buzz by all of your houses and rev it up. Cult45, how could you tell I'm wearing a thong? You can only see my feet……...

Cult45, how could you tell I'm wearing a thong? You can only see my feet……...
Reflection in the glass pack ;) Sorry for the useless post - I have no idea about mufflers. And on the back of that lack of expertise I say run it.

run it, it's not that loud, we've run one on our truck for years and can't say it sounds loud at all

It'll work fine, just be a bit loud.

I ran one for years..

We used to call them thongs in MA too, until the thong underwear became a thing. And then I think it just felt too weird saying thong a lot after that so "flip-flops" gained traction.

GLass pack it is, and a cool color, too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom