OverHeating (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I've been deailing with this odd problem for a couple of months now and I need some kind of advice on what to do.
I'de been diagnosed with a blown head gasket as the cause of my problem, so I made the following repairs.
Head gasket replaced with OEM gasket kit,.head was machined and cleaned like new buy a local shop. New Radiator, Hoses, Belts, Fan Clutch, WaterPump, Thermostat, Temp. Sending Unit,
EFI Temp Sensor all this stuff was pretty much a "while I'm at it
Might as well" type repairs my truck has +240K and i figured while I had it apart, why not. But still my Tempurature Guage climbs and climgs telling me I'm overheating but my radiator Isn't hot, hoses aren't hot no perkulating in the resivoir or any typical overheating symptoms. Any suggestions?

no it's not steaming or giving any of the typical overheating signs
but the gauge is telling me its about to blow. I'm starting to think its my temp. sending unit. Im going to locate my old one and reinstall it and see what happens. Maybe I can check that off the list. Thanks for the reply.

have you thought of an aftermarket temp gauge? easy to install and would eliminate your dash gauge, and would tell you for sure what the temp is? or your local shop should have an infered thermometer that they can just point at your hoses and other parts of the motor to tell how hot you are running good luck

What have you found out on this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom