Over Drive switch for 80 vs 100 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

PXZ

Threads
I have a 1997 80 with an over-drive switch on the shifter which stays in or out each time it is pushed. It is broken and does not stay in anymore. I ordered one from CruiserParts which they said came from an 80 but the button does not stay down. It seem to be designed to be a momentary type switch and I wonder if it is broken, or came from a 100 series. I have tried to contact CruiserParts several times by email, through their web site but no replies. And when I call them, nobody answers. I am hoping somebody knows if the O/D switch changed between 80s and 100s?

Check the “I got screwed by a vendor thread”. Its probably from a Cresada sedan from the 80’s.

857C6348-0AA9-4630-A465-59221DC1F2CB.jpeg

Looks like part number 84722-36050-C0. $69 (nice) from McGeorge vs $45 for junk from Cruiser Parts.

Looks like part number 84722-36050-C0. $69 (nice) from McGeorge vs $45 for junk from Cruiser Parts.
Thank you. I saw the new part, but cheap'ed out and went for the used one. Lesson learned! It also sounds like CruiserParts is an outfit to be avoided in the future. It was my first purchase from them!

First and last time I used that business it took Three months on my dime to get the correct part. Paid for shipping multiple times.

Thank you. I saw the new part, but cheap'ed out and went for the used one. Lesson learned! It also sounds like CruiserParts is an outfit to be avoided in the future. It was my first purchase from them!
They've come up in my part number searches, but they're usually asking more than what Amayama or Partsouq are asking for brand new. I checked those two for this part number, and both came up as not available, unfortunately.

They've come up in my part number searches, but they're usually asking more than what Amayama or Partsouq are asking for brand new. I checked those two for this part number, and both came up as not available, unfortunately.
Thanks again. I found dealerships that have them in stock from $70 to $120. I will order a new one from them. In the mean time, I took the broken switch apart and was able to repack the spring. It was a lot of work since the switch is integrated into the shifter assembly and plugs under the shifter base. It is just a temporary fix that left the switch in ON position until I can replace it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom