Outside repairs winter condensation (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all,

I’ve got an odd question regarding starting to tackle some projects on my newly purchased 80.

I don’t have a garage and live in WA state. Winter is rather chilly.

My question is regarding a birfield service, if I chip away at it over a few days and cover the open axle side I am working on with plastic bags and rubber bands at night, am I risking getting extra moisture in there? Anything to worry about?

Cheers 👍

You will be just fine, keep direct moisture of the bare metal parts and bag them like Your planning. Maybe wipe down the bare metals with an oily rag if they will be sitting for a day or two then clean off as you need.

Last edited:
I live in southeast AK, so we have similar weather, though ours is more exaggerated & near constant precip

I've done stuff like this before and it's been fine. Personally I'd get a 10x10 pop up canopy or something if the sky is crying. Doesn't hurt to rub a thin shmear of grease/oil where you want protection

I live in southeast AK, so we have similar weather, though ours is more exaggerated & near constant precip

I've done stuff like this before and it's been fine. Personally I'd get a 10x10 pop up canopy or something if the sky is crying. Doesn't hurt to rub a thin shmear of grease/oil where you want protection
Thanks for weighing in here guys - glad to hear you have tackled similar similar projects and such. And good idea on the pop up canopy and the grease application - I appreciate the insight.

You will be just fine, keep direct moisture of the bare metal parts and bag them like Your planning. Maybe wipe down the bare metals with an oily rag if they will be sitting for a day or two then clean off as you need.
Awesome - glad to hear it isn’t a horrible idea - thanks for your advice and pointers!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom