orikawa SHOP THREAD (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hahaha how? Very carefully and with a ton of work and reinforcement. There's a half inch spacer on top of the panel too. It's a Sony ES 10". The amp is a Sony as well, the DSP-6 something... its mounted under the driver seat and is Bluetooth so I don't run a headunit, just Music Center through my phone.

Depth of the space at the front of the panel is 5.5" and the sub is around 6" top mount depth, fyi.

I love the setup, it is really detailed sound, and I don't mind the phone as a head unit... everything is intuitive.

Hahaha how? Very carefully and with a ton of work and reinforcement. There's a half inch spacer on top of the panel too. It's a Sony ES 10". The amp is a Sony as well, the DSP-6 something... its mounted under the driver seat and is Bluetooth so I don't run a headunit, just Music Center through my phone.

Depth of the space at the front of the panel is 5.5" and the sub is around 6" top mount depth, fyi.

I love the setup, it is really detailed sound, and I don't mind the phone as a head unit... everything is intuitive.
That sub is massive.. I’m assuming it’s free air.. using that cubby as an enclosure.. I’m gonna have to recheck but i didn’t think there was so much space there! Amazing job!! If u have pictures, please post..

Great job!!

That sub is massive.. I’m assuming it’s free air.. using that cubby as an enclosure.. I’m gonna have to recheck but i didn’t think there was so much space there! Amazing job!! If u have
It's 'free air' but yes enclosed in the quarter panel. There is a difference door open versus closed so it is definitely performing some function of an enclosure. In that front section there is a pretty big hole in the 60 but again only 5.5" deep. I'll find some pictures of install.

Would this ever be an option? I would love to get a proper 10” sub in the same location.

Custom is always an option! I'd make another one, yea. Just some caveats and unique considerations that I wouldn't ever want to have to 'disclaim' in a standard product offering... it was more a pain to install it than I would ask a 'buy,click,ship' customer to endure.

Custom is always an option! I'd make another one, yea. Just some caveats and unique considerations that I wouldn't ever want to have to 'disclaim' in a standard product offering... it was more a pain to install it than I would ask a 'buy,click,ship' customer to endure.
Okay sweet! I get that completely. I used to install car audio so i get what’s entailed.

Any chance of 6x9 pockets for both sides?

I can yea. 6x9 seem a bit more unique with their mounting and a bit less forgiving too. I have the option on the 62 quarters already and will just work with the order to get that dimension correct for the specific application.

6x9 these days are extremely versatile and would be pretty much everything anyone would need in conjunction with some 4" in the front doors, I do see that.

I'll add the option on the website... just know I'll need specific dimensions from the speaker itself as I can't account for them all with a generic dimension.

Got to get out and about this weekend to just have some fun. Four til Four Adventure Machines is a pretty awesome Cars and Coffee in Phoenix/Scottsdale on one of the later Saturdays in the month (third?). Good LandCruiser showing actually but I took ZERO pictures hahaha... I forget I have obligations to you :)

Some Table Mesa wheeling and family and back up the mountain to fresh snow!

20230225_140621.jpg

20230225_151839.jpg

20230225_132030.jpg

FJ62 Door Panel Sets are up on the website for Pre-Order - early birds get the 10% discount. OEM Blue and Brown interior colors available standard. No pictures yet as they're still in production but expect the same quality and attention to detail with these as in the 60 panels available - same features too.

Must Hold Back So I Can Afford To Fix My 40

@orikawa You’re making this really really hard…

I don't know if this will be a consolation prize or what... but I'll get into the 40 soon enough too!

What state is the 40 in and what are you doing to it?
Its currently a cream puff and going through some restomodding in the not too distant future!!

1FCB3728-A0ED-4B74-960B-81D2000AC2D6.jpeg

The shop is setup on Facebook @orikawajdm and soon on Instagram @orikawajdm so be sure to pick your poison, Like Follow Subscribe, and have a great week! I post different content on different channels so if you have an 80 / 40 / 7x / 100 too make sure you get your updates there as there will be much more OEM-homage goodness released this year.

Surely I'll let the other corners of the MUD forum know but I love the 60 first and foremost so you get it first!

62 Door Panels are going to be up on the site soon !

Pre-Order for 62 quarters is closing this week.

Tailgate Cover Blanks
are coming in 1/8" 5052 Aluminum with 3M Rock Guard and color match as well for 60/62 - as much as Tailgate Storage is fun, there's no need to cut up your 'gate to get it dialed up to a gorgeous color match and chip/slip resistant coating.

I can yea. 6x9 seem a bit more unique with their mounting and a bit less forgiving too. I have the option on the 62 quarters already and will just work with the order to get that dimension correct for the specific application.

6x9 these days are extremely versatile and would be pretty much everything anyone would need in conjunction with some 4" in the front doors, I do see that.

I'll add the option on the website... just know I'll need specific dimensions from the speaker itself as I can't account for them all with a generic dimension.
would 6x9s eliminate a need for the 10" sub?

need is a strong word - no one needs a sub or 6x9s! Just the sweet sweet hum of a 2F!

BUT - the reason for that comment is that 6x9s offer more low end than 6" rounds (typically) and do offer, for the casual listener, a pretty good sound experience. Most cars with 'good sound' don't have a sub but put 6x9 speakers in the rear deck above the passenger seats to get more range out of a standard package. Fitting a sub both in volume (extra space it needs to work well) and power (wattage) can be cumbersome.

I've definitely not heard the whole gambit of offerings out there, especially from custom manufacturers, but I wouldn't say a pair of 6x9 is going to replace a 10" or greater dedicated subwoofer 1:1 but average 6x9 will offer more low end than average 6" sheerly due to size.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom