Original Rocky Mountain Cruisers (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
New to the cruiser community and located in Front Range Colorado. A couple of months ago, I bought a 2UZ-FE swapped 1984 FJ60 locally. Seems like an uncommon conversion. PO says the conversion and some restoration was done sometime in 2010-2011 in the denver area. Carfax backes that up.

PO told me the shop that did the conversion went out of business and that he had no records of it. PO was/is unhelpful especially now the deal is done. Was hoping to tap the mud knowledge and see if anyone had any guesses on who might have done the swap/resto? Nothing wrong, just interested in talking with them/getting records if available.

This is the best suspect I've found so far.
Englewood, colorado
Ron Korzen- the original rocky mountain cruisers

Mods, can move thread to CO forum if appropriate.

PS this forum has been invaluable in getting this thing dialed in! The wealth of knowledge here is truly staggering.

Of course pics of her.

DSC02367.JPG

DSC02373.JPG

DSC02357.JPG

Great looking truck and swap. If I were going to a v8, this would be my engine of choice. Had a Tundra and that engine was unbelievably reliable.

I can tell it's about spot on. It wasn't cheep to get it like that. Nice truck.

I really liked that motor in our old Sequoia, except for the really jerky throttle response in certain situations....did Toyota ever figure that out??

Always dreamed of it going in my Cruiser. What trans and t-case are behind it?

I had some work done by a Rocky Mtn Land Cruisers back in 2012 when my 62 wouldn’t pass emissions but they were up in Thornton/Northglenn area. Anyway, welcome and hope that helps!

I believe Rocky Mountain Cruisers went out of biz several/many years ago.

@mbx118 welcome to the addiction! I would encourage you to also join your local TLCA chapter's forum at Rising Sun 4WD Club Forum you will recognize many of the names there from here, it's a terrific local resource. Yes Rocky Mountain Cruisers is no more, I think Ron sold in what feels like 5-6 years ago. They were in that same area near Hampden & Santa Fe, where High Country 4x4 and JC British are now. From memory all of the swaps & work I have heard they did was pretty a-ok for the most part. Hope to run into your 60 sometime!

I really liked that motor in our old Sequoia, except for the really jerky throttle response in certain situations....did Toyota ever figure that out??

Always dreamed of it going in my Cruiser. What trans and t-case are behind it?

By PO report it is all from a '01 Tundra. Accelerator pedal is a little touchy, no idea if thats the swap or the motor.

Transmission states 30-40LE on the side, which seems to be a A340F or A343F, not really sure the difference. I think the t-case is from a T100 (as I think the 1st gen tundras have a drivers side front driveshaft), but am having a harder time ID'ing that. Definitely not original as the shift pattern is different.

Anyone know if Ron is/was active on the forums?

Ron sold RNC it to someone, who ran it for a while, and finally closed up shop. Back in 2010/2011 it was under the new ownership, and located south of 285 on federal. I do vaguely recall them moving up to northGlenn or someplace but can’t remember if that was before or after the federal location.

New to the cruiser community and located in Front Range Colorado. A couple of months ago, I bought a 2UZ-FE swapped 1984 FJ60 locally. Seems like an uncommon conversion. PO says the conversion and some restoration was done sometime in 2010-2011 in the denver area. Carfax backes that up.

PO told me the shop that did the conversion went out of business and that he had no records of it. PO was/is unhelpful especially now the deal is done. Was hoping to tap the mud knowledge and see if anyone had any guesses on who might have done the swap/resto? Nothing wrong, just interested in talking with them/getting records if available.

This is the best suspect I've found so far.
Englewood, colorado
Ron Korzen- the original rocky mountain cruisers

Mods, can move thread to CO forum if appropriate.

PS this forum has been invaluable in getting this thing dialed in! The wealth of knowledge here is truly staggering.

Of course pics of her.

View attachment 2479020

View attachment 2479026

View attachment 2479027
Contact Overland Cruisers in Belgrade Montana.
They can help.

Yeah, as others have said, really interesting swap here. If you have the time and/or inclination, you might start a new thread with some pics. I bet a lot of people here would like to see more.

@mbx118 This is my dream swap. Great purchase!! As other's have requested, more pics please! How about a video of acceleration? I'm sure it will do great climbing the Colorado mountains!

@SQRRRL Do you know anything about Overland Cruisers? Are they a reputable shop? Reasonable prices? etc...
Thanks!

They seem to be a good shop. We’ve talked a couple times. I’m moving to Montana soon and will use them as I have a 60 and a 200.
They do all kind of swaps. 4.7, Cummins, LS etc.....
Look them up

Ron sold RNC it to someone, who ran it for a while, and finally closed up shop. Back in 2010/2011 it was under the new ownership, and located south of 285 on federal. I do vaguely recall them moving up to northGlenn or someplace but can’t remember if that was before or after the federal location.
It was after the Federal location. The owner’s name was Steven. He had did really, really good work and was a fair guy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom