Original Carb vs efi vs desmog (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Ive been thinking about upgrading.
The only reason is when I travel long distances and run into any incline, my old girl is a dog. 3rd gear is a must.
Otherwise she runs great, idle is perfect. I’m planning on another mountain run in the next year and would like to have better performance.
ANY suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated.

EFI like the sniper isn't going to give you more power. What it will do is make cold/hot starts easy and improve general driveability. Your fuel mileage may actually be slightly worse since the efi is better at delivering fuel when it's needed vs the carb.

EFI like the sniper isn't going to give you more power. What it will do is make cold/hot starts easy and improve general driveability. Your fuel mileage may actually be slightly worse since the efi is better at delivering fuel when it's needed vs the carb.
Starting isn’t an issue unless it’s really cold, and I can honestly say mileage isn’t an issue, I’ve accepted the fact that she’s a thirsty girl.
I just hate doing 40 up hills

Big tires (33”) with stock gears will necessitate using a lower gear on an incline.
When the 2F was new, (yes I remember that far back) it was always underpowered for the weight of the vehicle up in the mountains.

bolt on a turbo and run a mechanically limited 6-7 psi and you shouldn't have to down shift on hills

Seeing how you didn’t give much background about your 60 ie, year, miles, tire size, state of tune, last time carb was rebuilt, “big cap” distributor issues looked at / addressed? As stated previously, it’s a 135hp motor pushing a heavy vehicle.

Did you remove the limiter bolt under the carpet? Seriously.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom